Risperidone versus placebo for people with schizophrenia: low quality evidence, unclear benefits

2 Likes

What does it mean …!!! …!!! It is as compared to normal …!!!

I hope they don’t take Risperdal off the market based on this badly done study. Risperdal Consta is one of my better meds.

2 Likes

Risperdal sedated and kept me emotionally intact which allowed me to maneuver through my life half decently, other than that it was complete ■■■■■■■■ for both positive and negative symptoms.

[self experience]

Well, unfortunately, it performed much better than placebo in the iti-007 phase 3 trial :grin:

1 Like

me too!!!

it was good med

It works for me. I might have hypertonia.

I lost $8,000 betting on ITI-007. Well my money is still in the stock as I hope it does well for Bipolar, sleep and dementia but VP, Chair have been selling stock! I think I am (fucked)!

1 Like

I think risperidone works. I would hate to see life without it. even though I wish I could live without meds, I know I can’t. Risperidone helps

Risperdal sucks to take but it has given me my mind back on more than one occasion. It’s pure poison for your body though.

1 Like

I hate the side effects. I feel like a slug. I am still hopeful that, someday, I can live without meds. sigh…

1 Like

I too look forward to the day when meds are free of the nasty side effects they we have now. I hope I live to see it. At this point I can’t tell if it’s me or the side effects of the meds that is making me feel so lousy

If they ever took Risperidone off the market, I would be screwed!
I would be living my life in and out of Hospitals or end up in prison or on the streets.

Risperidone is one of the more effective MEDS out there.
I would be lost without it.
Nothing else seems to work for me.

@Wave. You should try Invega. It’s got some heavy weight gain and it’s expensive but it’s the closest to normal I’ve ever felt.

1 Like

I’ve tried Invega before.
It was not as effective and I had some pretty nasty side effects.
But overall it’s a good med for a lot of people.

1 Like