Relationship with your psychiatrist

It’s very distant.
My Psychiatrist is like a shady drug dealer and barely knows me at all.
My Therapist/psychologist is more personal and somewhat knows me.

1 Like

I have a good one, she nice did not try to prove was smarter than me, understands a lot and works with me, not against me like the others did.

Gets I am not always the same person at each visit, can roll with my odd chats and quick topic changing I like her

1 Like

Mine is a great one. I had a decent one whilst I was in the States years ago.

Mine is a trooper. He does a private hospital and does his own practice. He’s laconic and lets me talk…which isn’t hard for me…silence isn’t my usual thing.

We talk cricket. He gauges my thoughts and if I am having problems we discuss alternatives. He lets me try other medications if it looks like a worthwhile try. I tried Abilify for a couple of years but came unstuck. At least he listens to me but I’m a good patient. I’ve been pretty stable for years and most of my problems are side effects.

You get a good psydoc you don’t give them up!

I’ve been with the same med doc for ten years. I think we’ve accomplished everything she can help me with. Our appt are every three months. Wish she’d let me try a different med other than respiridone. She did add serequil which seems to help clarity.