Regarding what nami said about us

nami writes that a person can live well with schizophrenia.

do you feel you live well?

maybe if i didn’t have this disease i would say i live fairly well, however the darn sz makes my life miserable.

so i envy those with sz who “live well” anyhow. i sure don’t.

sorry for this downer.

judy

2 Likes

I think with the right meds, a kind doctor, a caring family and the drive to succeed, you can do very well with schizophrenia.

9 Likes

Live well probably means low income.

Think it’s it’s more like, Lower your standards, and be thankful for what you do have.
It’s easy to fall into a depressed state when the body and brain your given just doesn’t measure up to what you think it should.

At least we aren’t out there on the streets biting on ourselves at night?

4 Likes

A runner with weights on his ankles isn’t going to run as fast as those without. It doesn’t mean they can’t run at all.

We can live well.

5 Likes

I can live well only on condition that my cognitive impairment is cured.
I live to the best of my abilities, but I can’t say that I live well.

Yes, I do now. If you’d asked me two years ago, the answer would have been a definite “no”.

The Schiz disorders have fluctuations in terms of how well you are doing.
One day you can be feeling near “normal” the following day you are on the phone with your psychiatrist feeling suicidal, etc…
Everyday is different.
At least this is how it is for me.

I can do ok till depression hits then life just suck and no way out

1 Like

That’s why i don’t like nami. It’s like they almost don’t appreciate the struggle. They just want to pass off mental illness as a disease that makes us not very different so we don’t get stigmatized–that’s a thought anyways…

1 Like

I AM living well. Struggling every day with avolition. I have a little money to live on from month to month. The environment here is pleasant. The people are friendly and helpful. Struggling with asociality and alogia. I have few responsibilities.

1 Like

I don’t live well as some schizophrenics but I have my moments EVERY day.

1 Like

I don’t feel I live well with this disease. It jacks up my mind and the meds screw up my body.

I feel I live well. But, it’s taken me many years to get to this point. I didn’t feel this way all of my life. The illness made me miserable all of my life.

2 Likes

My life is mediocre well.

And I’m very proud of that.

2 Likes