Reading problems and major mental disorders - co-occurrences and familial overlaps in a Swedish nationwide cohort

3 Likes

I never had a reading problem before my first psychotic break, but now I can’t read anything longer than a few paragraphs. Interesting study.

1 Like

From 2014.

1 Like

I don’t seem to have the same motivation for reading, but my focus and ability to comprehend are unaltered.

Reading hasn’t been a problem for me.

1 Like

Reading isn’t so bad for me. But tv and movies are impossible.

1 Like

If I relapse I most likely won’t be able to read due to delusions of reference. Now I can read pretty well. I’m still a slow reader though. I can’t read 500 pages a day, so I doubt that I’ll ever be able to get a law degree.

My reading has gone down hill recently. I swing between being able to read really well, and not being able to read at all.

Mind you, I read a lot at work so I seem to do ok with nonfiction. But reading for pleasure is a trouble of mine.

Like @Jimbob, I can’t watch movies. I don’t have the attention span for it. I never have.

Fast Forword is a reading/learning comprehension training program for kids that was developed by the same researchers who developed BrainHQ. There is some serious science behind it.

Promo and demo video…

1 Like