Buddhism…

2 Likes

I work harder and earn them.

6 Likes

right? good attitude

1 Like

“wanting things you can’t have”

is vanity.

some of the things, we want, are things that don’t exist.
lol lol lol lol lol

2 Likes

If only the out of control obsessive part of my mind would listen to that…

1 Like

I’m a person who has learned to do without. I get into the simple pleasures. There are a few things I want, though.

3 Likes

Eh, I refuse…

I would rather be a peasant singing with the little birds he feeds; than a golden king with fifty five partners, forty hundred pots of gold, and two thousand vessels of wine but a stiff stubborn heart

When I give up wanting things, I give up on life itself.
Got to keep the dream alive.

3 Likes

I know what I want and they are obtainable they just aren’t within grasp yet. I want to see my partner have her license and for us to move out.

2 Likes

When I lower my expectations, I notice my experiences are lowered too.

2 Likes

lowered experiences suck, some say. but high experiences are worse if they get me in trouble.

real-life society has little patience, sometimes. and I’ve been its returning victim.

2 Likes

Find the middle path

4 Likes

this happens when you want things you can’t have:

lol lol just kidding

2 Likes

as long as you still want something - you are alive!!!

3 Likes

I like your outlook on things cherie. I agree.

1 Like

yeah anhedonia makes me flat sometimes and really enjoy having a drive for things.

1 Like

I fantasize about having lot’s of things. Why not? it’s fun!
I also keep my eye on the ball for my ‘real life’ goals such as finishing school and getting a job in the medical field. I can do both.

I think we poor people (at least I am poor here) like to tell ourselves wealthy people are bitter or unkind or selfish etc. because it makes us feel like we aren’t missing out. We tend to hate that which we can’t have or turn against it. If you can’t join em’, hate em’. Many have that mentality. I personally know wealthy people who are kind, giving and good. They also enjoy their blessings and there is no crime in that.

1 Like

Eat the rich! :fist: :eye: :money_mouth:

Redistribute their wealth.

1 Like