Quit my job already

Here’s my text to the girl who got me the job

Hey _____ I worked today and the first 4 days were great. But today was another story. It was my first time on closing duty. I thought I handled it all right but one of the bosses seemed to not think so. He was completely and utterly verbally abusing me the whole entire time except when my trainer was there. I thought it was completely unfair and no one has the right to speak to me that way. There’s no way in hell I am going back to that job. I don’t need to be scolded at and called names and told im not good enough. So yeah it’s too bad, but there is no way in the world I could go back to that job after being verbally abused on the fifth day. Thanks and, Well I figure I’ll talk to you tomorrow. If this is part of the standard job procedure, well I guess there’s a reason why I’m on disability because I can’t handle some miserable tirade every time the day ends directed at me.

3 Likes

Outch. Sorry to hear that. It sounded so good up until now.

5 Likes

I’m sorry to hear it didn’t work out.

It sounded like you were really enjoying it too.

2 Likes

Ouch is right.
Sorry it didn’t work out @Jonnybegood.

1 Like

I’m feeling really triggered right now. What was that guys ■■■■■■■ problem. He’s just a miserable POS all the time.

1 Like

Listen to me all employer need people who fear them
find another job and remember to fear your employer

1 Like

I think he was mad the girl liked me and hes just living his miserable ■■■■■■■ life.

3 Likes

Some people just don’t know how to be tactful. And/or handle themselves when they’re in a bad mood.

3 Likes

On the brightside you got out of a potentially crummy situation after only 4 days. Don’t let it eat you up though. Remember you’ll feel better after a good night’s sleep.

3 Likes

The restaurant industry is notorious for being managed by jerks with some sort of little man syndrome.

Some people really thrive in that kind of environment is the funny thing.

Like everyone one else, I’m sorry it didn’t work out.

Don’t let it get to you,

It was nothing personal,

The guy is probably a jackass to everyone.

5 Likes

you were washing dishes, right?

try asking the guy helping you to check out a dish washing job for you in a retirement center?

I bet it would pay more than a cafe too.

Same job, different atmosphere.

2 Likes

ps. when it rains it pours. i got some bad news today today too.
but i already started up a feel good thread under title " please tell me some good news about you" , (if you want to look for it. )

It may help you leave all the c/#!p and negativity this situation put on you behind you. It is filled up with with good things happening to good people. (like you)

I feel a lot better already. Tomorrow is going to be better, for us both.

4 Likes

It is hard to find a non abusive work-environment.

1 Like

Sorry to hear this :frowning:

The guy does sound like a jerk… if he is verbally abusing one of his new recruits who has been working well, it says more about his character than yours.
Is there any way you could file a complaint against him?

1 Like