Psychotropic test Refused by doctor

So today i went to the doctors and we talked about a couple of things i wanted to go over with him. Talking about blood test and donation was great, but when i told him that i’ve been wanting to get a psychotropic test he refused me. At once he told me that they are not accurate and that i would have to wait for the future for a test like this to work. I don’t know how to convince him or make him believe that these tests are necessary. I wish i would get off my psych meds i’m in because they are mostly not FDA approved. Problems about switching meds is what is killing me i need help.

What’s a psychotropic test? And do u really think that is the answer right now?

Are you talking about DNA drug testing?
I don’t know how accurate they are.
Don’t think they are.

yup those type of test. They are more likely to give you results than just messing around and crap shooting.

I’ve heard good and bad things about the DNA test. Some people say it was a waste of money, and others say it helped them.

What do you mean, your drugs aren’t FDA approved? All drugs at the pharmacy are FDA approved. That’s a requirement.

2 Likes

They don’t have the best accuracy yet, but if you’re willing to spend the money then I don’t see what the harm could be. It’s your money not the doctor’s…

1 Like

haldo isn’t FDA approved

I love you @Illvoices you’re a dear friend of mine.

1 Like

Haldol is approved by the FDA. Some doctors administer it through IV instead of injection, and that is an approved but off label use. From their website:

https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPatientsandProviders/DrugSafetyInformationforHeathcareProfessionals/ucm085203.htm

so haldol isn’t really approved otherwise they would have given it a label :face_with_monocle:

It’s approved. Every drug has a label of approved uses.