Post your own recipe

I created one: Chicken Kung Fu

Boil potatoes
Unskin potatoes
after this cook sliced potatoes with margarine, some milk and salt

Then cook slices of chicken, belly peppers, onion and maybe some other vegetables in water with little margarine and salt

Add cooked potatoes and let everything to cook for a while

Roll the finished food in tortillas and eat.

Tastes actually very good.

2 Likes

Nacho Cheese Dip

1 large package of velvetta cheese
1 small package of Mexican velvetta cheese
1 jar cheese wiz
3 cans nacho cheese soup
3 cans rotell
15 diced up jalapenos

Throw it all in a crock pot and heat through until its all melted.

1 Like

Probably the three easiest to do and remember.

Students delight

A great quick cheap balanced on the go meal for the single person.

1 to 2 cups of Frozen mixed veggies - ideally you want lots of different colour veggies for maximum nutrition.
Anything less then half cup of grated cheese - Just about any of the harder cheeses will do. I just use enough to lightly cover the surface of the veggies.
I go about 2 slices of thinly sliced ham.

Chop ham into small bite size pieces. Mix with the grated cheese into the frozen veggies and microwave the lot. Varies on time due to the different wattage of microwaves. Same could be said for balancing the cheese/ham ratio which is to taste.

serves 1.

Cheaters salmon patties…

1 tin of salmon - remove bones or not. Up to you as seem to be cooked beyond being a problem.
1 pack of two minute noodles - any flavor will do as they all seem to add something to this dish.
All the three below about half a cup of each.
Flour - plains best.
bread crumbs
milk
Some type of oil of butter or margarine to shallow fry.

Use three bowls one for each for the milk, flour and the bread crumbs.
Cook the two minute noodles - See instructions on pack but do not add the flavour satchel. Drain water from the noodles. Mix in the salmon, the noodles and flavour satchel contents and mix thoroughly. Roll mixture into even amount of balls. Flatten the tops of the balls. Evenly cover with flour then even cover with milk then bread crumbs. You might need to double coat which is repeating the steps twice as it’s extremely moist. . Shallow fry. Serve with what you like. Varies on serving size but seems to feed about four comfortably. Does also seem to freeze if need be.

Ice

2 parts hydrogen
1 part oxygen

Mix and freeze

Very good on a hot day mixed with drinks…

3 Likes

The most UN-fussy Banana Bread Recipe

1/2 Cup butter (room temp)

1 Cup Sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon Baking Soda

2 Cups Flour

3 over ripe bananas

Chocolate chips or nuts or any other optional stuff at your own liking.

Pour all the ingredients into a bowl … mix until blended
Pour the batter into a buttered/ flour dusted pan

oven at 350 degrees and in about 45 min to one hour the bread is done.

The time depends on the pan. The deep loaf pan requires more time then the bundt cake pan. Shallow cake pan only took 30 minutes. Muffins only take about 20 minutes.

2 Likes

Homemade prozac

You will need lots and lots of ice cream. Any flavour will do.
Chocolate is also an acceptable alternative - Dark, white or milk can be used in this recipe.

Best served after a heart break

Side effects include an increase of the waistline- You have been warned!

1 Like
  1. Pick up phone
  2. Call Chinese
  3. Place order
  4. Answer door
  5. Eat

I ordered Chinese last night and it got to my house in 8 minutes.

3 Likes

Cut up some chicken, and/or beef and/or pork you have on hand into bite size chunks. Put a teaspoon of oil into a large frying pan and heat on medium. Throw in meat and cook for about 5 minutes until done through. While it is cooking cut up any vegetables you have on hand like asparagus, bell peppers, green onions, yellow onions, jalapeno peppers or mushrooms. Remove the meat when done and set aside. Throw in the vegetables and cook, stirring frequently. When near done throw in meat and mix together. When done take out and put in bowl and douse in low-sodium soy sauce.

3 Likes

Here’s a real recipe for my favorite dish. I make it from time to time. Stuffed cabbage a.k.a. halupki. Sorry but I don’t measure things. I just use intuition.

• Head of cabbage
  • Ground beef
  • Onions
  • Rice
  • Cans of Tomato Soup
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Oregano
  1. Chop onions
  2. Mix ground beef, rice, onions, salt, pepper, and oregano together.
  3. Boil head of cabbage
  4. Peel a leaf of cabbage off the boiled head.
  5. Make a ball of ground beef mixture and roll it up in the leaf of cabbage.
  6. Place stuffed cabbage roll in pot or deep pan.
  7. Repeat steps 4-6 as desired.
  8. Cover stuffed cabbage rolls with condensed tomato soup.
  9. Bake at 350 for an hour.

http://content0.tastebook.com/content/photo/user_photo/mKAXg8Rc13c2834353838353vfehL8Ta_1346259789.jpg

3 Likes

omg, @Malvok. I am going to have to do that…I love corned beef and cabbage too…thanks for reminding me.

My easy recipe is guacamole…

2 romas, finely chopped, 1/4 red onion, finely chopped, cilantro, finely chopped, 1 raw jalaeno, deseeded and finely chopped, 4 avacado’s mashed. one teaspoon chili powder, 0ne teaspoon salt, one teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon white pepper, one or two splashes of tabasco sauce. mix well and serve with chips…

2 Likes

Homeade Hot Sauce :fire: :fire_engine:

Do not have my own recipe.

Egg salad sandwhich with bacon bits in it. Simple but good.

one can of refried beans, one small bag of cheddar cheese, one jar of pace picante sauce…sour cream…layer the beans on the bottom, add the picante layer, then the shredded cheddar and microwave for one minute…pull out add a layer of sour cream and eat with tortilla chips.