Post a quote:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the universe.” - Albert Einstein

4 Likes

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

― Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

2 Likes

All generalizations are false including this one - Mark twain

2 Likes

Keep it up dreamscape those are all those are pretty good. Refreshing to hear.

“The last thing I ever wanted was to be alive when the three most powerful people on the whole planet would be named Bush, Dick and Colon.” Kurt Vonnegut

Doing some quote mining

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder ‘why, why, why?’
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

Also Vonnegut

F**** there all good

1 Like

Everybody is somebody else’s weirdo - Scott Adams

It is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail.
~ Abraham Maslow ~

The story of the human race is the story of men and women selling themselves short.
~ Abraham Maslow ~

live long and prosper-spock a.k.a. Leonard Nimoy

3 Likes

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one - Some American show the name eludes me atm

Leads me to Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Earshot

Every single person down there is ignoring your pain because they’re too busy with their own. The beautiful ones. The popular ones. The guys that pick on you. Everyone. If you could hear what they were feeling. The loneliness. The confusion. It looks quiet down there. It’s not. It’s deafening

2 Likes

‘who gives a ■■■■ about quotes anymore? Quotes are for children’ haha

I said that :stuck_out_tongue:

Apparently it was spock in the wrath of Kahn… pretty appropriate. Thats what the internet tells me anyways. I had to look it up.

@daydreamer

Hmmmmm??

2 Likes

i was just making up stuff to amuse myself i think sorry if it offended anyone,

sometimes i say stuff and it can offend but i don’t mean it to offend, i just sometimes don’t realise that it might not be funny to other people,

i just like making up quotes sometimes and pretend like no-one has said them before (bc they probably have at some point haha

what about this one- ‘if you eat ■■■■ for long enough you begin to like the taste’ haha idk why i had that in my head haha its weird what the brain can think up isn’t it? lol

Its a good quote… The original one. I don’t know about the eating ■■■■… itd probably kill you before you took to liking it

Wasn’t it you who posted a picture of you eating ■■■■ on the old forum?

yes, that was supposed to be a joke but it turned into like a hate crime or something haha

won’t be doing that again haha

I have two quotes:
This one I saw on a bumper sticker in the grocery store parking lot: “Normal people worry me.” I am impressed that I actually remembered and didn’t even write it down.

The second one I got today from an internet article about Leonard Nimoy’s Star Trek Quotes in memory of him:
" Insufficient facts always invite danger." This one should definitely be remembered when working with doctors; psychiatric and medical.

I am going to throw another one in here in memory of my late sister; who loved Spock and Leonard Nimoy because he helped her through a tough time in her life:teenage years- “I have been and always shall be your friend.” I do hope she meets Leonard Nimoy in “heaven” or wherever you go after your life as an “earthling.” Tonight, like always, I think of her and I hope she can read all these “memories” of him written on the internet or otherwise.

3 Likes

“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take” Wayne “the great one” Gretzky

2 Likes

Here’s a rude awakening for John Lennon fans.

http://listverse.com/2012/05/12/top-10-unpleasant-facts-about-john-lennon/

That came from Star Trek, about the needs of the many outweighing the needs of the one or few.

And it was quoted on The Big Bang Theory to convince Sheldon to give in to the desires of the majority in the group.