Positive autumn vibes

That sounds like a beautiful scenery :slight_smile:

I wrote an autumn poem once too! I was in honors writing in the fall semester of my senior year so we all would have class outside and write about whatever inspired us

1 Like

I love making pumpkin butter and apple butter. It becomes my Christmas present to everyone I know! My secret is to use Australian pumpkins (the orange and white striped ones) because they’re sweeter and bigger than pie pumpkins. I also love apple cider doughnuts and roasted pumpkin seeds. I love doing the corn maze down the road from me at night with a big group of friends! I love pretty much everything about fall! Except how aggressive the bees get as they prepare for hibernation.

1 Like

Your falls sound amazing! I would love to know how to make my own pumpkin and apple butters. What kind of apples do you think make the best apple butter??

i just like kicking through the leaves when they fall like i always have, i dont like the bare trees though and the cold but thats probably the worst thing about autumn is the bare trees at the end of it, another good thing is conkers which fall from the trees, i like looking at the conker trees trying to spot them lol, i heard from a scientist on tv who i have forgotten his name and he basically said that trees can talk to each other through their roots and i found this really interesting lol got me thinking of Lord of the rings and Treebeard and also the trees in avatar.

Jersey and gala apples are my personal favorites. It is super easy to make. Just peel and cut up a bunch of apples, put them in a pot and fill it halfway with water. Bring it to a boil, then let it simmer for several hours. Stir at least every ten minutes. When it starts to get mushy, add brown sugar and spices to taste, then let it cook down until it’s as thick as you want it. Then I run it through a food processor to make it smoother, but you don’t have to.

For pumpkin butter it’s the same thing, but you have to roast the pumpkin first to make it soft. To do that, you cut it in half (or in chunks if it’s a really big pumpkin) then put it face down in a casserole dish, add some water, and cover it in foil. Then just cook it at 375 for 40 minutes, or until it’s easy to stab it with a fork.

I cheat now. I bought a rice cooker with some slow cook options, and I just use the setting “sautĂ© then simmer” to cook down the apples. That way, the pot heats evenly and the bottom doesn’t burn.

One really important tip: make sure you wear long sleeves once it gets mushy. It bubbles and spits molten apple lava at you.

Still Indian Summer from where I am from. Today it’s a 104 degrees F. Can’t wait for cooler weather and wearing my fur lined boots and warm wool coat.

I hate cold, was born in the wrong country, anyone got a spare bed somewhere with no snow???

MMMMM!!! Gotta find a cider mill with these!

1 Like

That might get a little bit messy.

Yes, they are tasty like that without being soggy! The only place I know to get them is an actual cider mill. There are a couple in my area, tho not close to where I live.

Hmmm, maybe - but I have always had them FRESHLY MADE at a cider mill and 
 they.are.awesome!

2 Likes

I am so gonna make these butters! I better get down to my local farm stand!

1 Like

Oh my goodness, that sounds fun! I am hungry now :laughing:

The heat finally broke . 73 and sunny today. Apple cider donuts sound awesome but not on my diet this year, unless I accidentally come across one, then maybe but probably.