Poll: What's the longest you've gone without a relapse?

In years :

• Less than 1
  • 1-2
  • 2-3
  • 3-4
  • 4-5
  • 5-6
  • 6-7
  • 7-8
  • 8-9
  • 9-10
  • More than 10

0 voters

1 Like

a little more than three years without being hospitalized ended in march of this year.

2 Likes

I got ill 2010-2011 2013-2014 2016

1 Like

Never realise,notice my first psychotic break…it went unnoticed and out of medication

1 Like

last psychotic episode was in 2010…7 years ago

3 Likes

Around 3 years bc I got good at recognizing situations that lead to fullblown episodes for me and when to go on medication preventatively.

I get flare ups here and there but haven’t gotten any major episodes since the summer going into my junior year.

1 Like

I went from 1990 to 2015 without a relapse. Then that year a number of bad things happened that put me back in the psyche ward for two days, mainly for feeling suicidal.

2 Likes

hi,
every fee months imseem to relapse,
once i went a couple of years but in recent times much more often…
its alright i am beginning to love my voices and intensity of senses and such…

1 Like

My last hospitalizatin was Sept. 2007,so it’s been 10 years now. Wow.
Not because I’ve not relapsed though, more like no med insurance and I can’t afford it.
Considering I was hospitalized 25 times between Sept 1996 and Sept 2007, I’m ammazed I haven’t gone back.
Maybe everybody has given up on me?

1 Like

Depressive break at 23. Psychotic break at 29 in 1999.

I get breakthroughs still but no major episodes since 1999. I do well on medication and that has totally changed my game!

2 Likes

I always have some symptoms but I guess I relapsed into a deep depression last winter. I still haven’t fully recovered.

2 Likes

2011-2016,5 years

2 Likes

I landed is hospital for the medication I haven’t a relapse for years now I was not compliant all the time because I have had neurogical complication with the meds that give strange effect like dissociative states and other strange things. The only medication that work for mè is ziprexa and not give mè strange sensation and I can thrive on

1 Like

To calculate my longest period without a relapse:

Age of the universe - my birth year

1 Like

I put less than a year, but I guess it depends what you consider a relapse. I haven’t been hospitalized in about a year and a half, which is a new record. But they don’t hospitalized you here for psychosis unless you’re suicidal or homicidal. Which I’m not really a fan of, but they’re aren’t enough beds to hello much more than that.

1 Like

Breakdown 2003-2005 hospitalised four times in that time.
Remission 2006-2012 six years
Relapse 2012
Hospital again 2013, 2014 and 2015
Fairly stable after that

1 Like