Poll: what's the hardest things to do?

schizophrenia can be debilitating so i was wondering what you thought was the hardest things to deal with so here are the options-

do you find it hard-

• waking up
  • preparing food/drink
  • doing household chores e.g. dishes/laundry/bins
  • taking meds
  • getting shopping
  • general hygiene
  • getting out of the house
  • other

Doing household chores is the hardest for me. I tend to get overwhelmed. I also have trouble with getting out of the house, although I am trying to improve in this area, and general hygiene.

1 Like

Immediately I thought of socializing, so I put “other.”

1 Like

General Hygiene, but I think I am getting better at it. Reaching a good period of time.

1 Like

I can go days without leaving my apartment if it wasn’t for therapy, church and grocery shopping I wouldn’t leave at all.

3 Likes

I’m torn between going out and cleaning the place up.

I’m sort of feeling odd in that it takes me long time to get ready to go out… and I try not to go out…

Until I am out… then I find how nice it is to be out and I don’t want to go back in.

3 Likes

i wrote shopping bc i hate it :frowning: and it is so hard to do bc i wish i didn’t have to eat or drink sometimes, ever since i was a child and my mum took me shopping i hated it, it is one of the worst things to do in my opinion, my mum was not very good when it came to food and we always had to eat all the rubbish and sometimes we went without bc it was so disgusting lol,

second would probably be housework bc i find it hard to keep on top of things a lot and third would be hygiene i think, hygiene isn’t as bad as it could be but i still leave it too long to shower and shave and brush my teeth, taking meds is a pain but altho i hate taking them i still realise that i need them to function

General hygiene was my choice, I’ll go for days without taking a shower, and I can’t remember the last time I shaved my legs or armpits. I usually dress kinda boyish, though, so I can get away with it.

General hygiene due to anxiety plays a big part in my life, I wash etc but getting ready daily is mainly no effort.

It was a toss up between household chores and hygiene but in the end I plumped for the former.

2 Likes

putting laundry away
taking a shower
cooking meals (which I really don’t do anymore do to physical difficulties)

I woke late on Friday and didn’t go for my depot. I have a thing about getting there early to avoid too many people in the waiting room. Meant I’ ve only been outside once since the 29th August and that was to put rubbish out.

I had pretty good hygiene while psychotic, I stopped taking showers when meds gave me brain damage

i chose other because it’s such a toss up between the following three:

getting out of house
taking meds
hygiene

hygiene is better with self care checklists of late, but it’s a struggle. i’ve developed agoraphobia now too and leaving the house during daylight hours when others are swarming is tough, but cbt helps ish. then with the meds, i’m on depot so that has to happen, but somehow i manage to forget others or somehow screw them up still. it rotates among those three things so i went with other, but all have solutions, theoretically. i guess.

Im the only one who thinks waking up is the hardest? My vivid dreams make me feel like I got unplugged from the firggin matrix every time I wake up. I usually just sit in bed all sedated and analyze my dreams as well as I can and then get the will to move. Making coffee and breakfast is the second hardest. I sit here with my coffee all sedated every morning and wait for it to kick in before making breakfast.

But once I am caffeinated and have my breakfast and meds in me, then I am good to do whatever. Like seriously whatever. I might gag and throw up a little bit but I can do pretty much whatever.

Waking up is hard for me. I’ve been staying up too late.

Anything. Everything. I can be 100% 1 minute then the next at 0. I guess the hardest thing is talking to people. I analyze their judgement, and it’s hard to just talk.

Me too due to anxiety though hygiene goes :frowning:

I throw up too Mortimer, almost every day

I used to have bad hygiene when I was psychotic. Nowadays my biggest obstacle is getting out the house. Sometimes I don’t leave for weeks at a time. I don’t mind going to the park nearby though. Its really peaceful there.

1 Like