Poll: what is your preferred mode of transport?

whats your favourite method of travel?

do you like…

• riding a bike
  • catching a bus
  • getting on a train
  • walking
  • flying on a plane
  • driving a car
  • sailing on a boat
  • skiing
  • swimming
  • other

Kayaking…

1 Like

Going by bus or train. Life looks different go by bus as oppose to driving .
Walking

I drive everywhere, where I live it’s the only way to get around. I love my car, it’s really comfortable and a smooth ride, I just wish it were better on gas. Averaging 18 MPG is less than ideal!

my favourite is by train, i love travelling by train, i just sit down and look out of the window, its a nice smooth ride :slight_smile:

I love travelling by train, I only did it once, but it stuck with me. Such fun and so smooth!

For me walking within a short distance of home. I can get on buses and trains but the problem with a bus is getting off at the right stop and navigating myself, with a train it’s finding my way around when I get out of the station.
Driving a car is a non option as I have poor visual spatial and co ordination/reactions / am bad at judging distances.

My preferred mode of transport would be teleportation, the follies of Seth Brundle notwithstanding. Since this is not technologically feasible at this time, I would rate a brisk walk as a close second.

10-96

1 Like

If I lived in a bike friendly city, I might want to try it again. I prefer my car now. A car that I like, but probably would never buy, because of gas mileage is the VW Tiguan. I hope they make a hybrid version someday.

2 Likes

My cousin loves this vehicle - he will probably buy or lease one soon

Cool. We rented one for my brother’s wedding in Utah. My mom loves it too.

1 Like

If I could swim to work I would. I would love to kayak to work too… there are a few up here who do. They live in the floating homes and kayak across Lake Washington to the office buildings on the other side.

I like to drive sometimes. When I’m feeling well and my schedule is early or late enough that I won’t hit rush hour.

But there are times I know I shouldn’t be behind a wheel. So I grab my bus pass on my scattered/ unfocused days and have my crew buddy drive when I get to work.

1 Like

i live in a very hilly city, but i still prefer biking over muni. we’re in a drought so there’s not a lot of rain, but when there is i have fenders for my road bike. walking is nice with my dog, but if i need to get somewhere relatively quickly, i can’t drive so biking is always good.

My preferred mode of transportation is my Chevy pickup truck…unless there happens to be snow on the road…then it’s a little scary as it is not built for snow. Got to have snow tires and plenty of weight in the bed in the winter.

That sounds like it would be fun. I haven’t been out on my kayak for a while because I don’t have my truck to haul it around. Water is fun.

1 Like

I used to go sea kayaking with my first girlfriend…in one of the fastest tidal rivers in the world…I’m talking whirlpools the size of our boats forming as the tide came around bridge abutments…some of our misadventures included getting stranded on an island when the tide went out…oops…and the time we had an argument and she left me with two kayaks beached in mudflats…that was fun.

1 Like