Poll: Unusual beliefs

But, fortunately, what happens here is that people are reminded by at least a fair number of the respondents (hopefully a majority) that our unusual beliefs are both delusional and “just beliefs.”

1 Like

There was one poster who frequently went out of his way to try and encourage and legitimise delusional thinking. Luckily he hasn’t posted for a while.

bunny :rabbit: hug.
it must be hard for you to deal with all the different sections on this ’ forum '…
and very frustrating at times…
especially ’ unusual beliefs '…
but i find this section very helpful to me…it has been for me and still is a safe environment to talk about the unusual things that happen…and this has helped me heal.
but i really appreciate you being a moderator and persevering :trophy:
take care :alien:

2 Likes

I avoid beliefs and disbeliefs altogether.
I chose to be more than a computer that thinks in basic 1’s and 0’s, such as beliefs and disbeliefs.
Instead, I tag things with complex probability ratings.

What I believe is going on in my life right now is too bizarre to believe, and yet all the evidence of my senses tells me it’s true. I know it’s true.

What I am saying is that I really miss the Working / Education section from the old forums. Badly. It’s the area I struggle with on a daily basis and where I need support. If a section had to go missing in the transition, I would rather have seen this one get cut. Nothing gets discussed here that couldn’t be discussed in Diagnosed and it seems to be a breeding ground for unhealthy behaviour more than anything else.

It would be nice if the needs of high-functioning SZs got some consideration, too. Yes, I’m cranky. Been up to my neck in neurotypicals trying to scratch out a living this week and it’s beating the crap out of me. Bleargh.

Pixel.

1 Like

Non-autistics? 15 15 15

Man then just get someone to add the section. Where people post about careers , and see how it goes

And that can only be a good thing. So many of the community see themselves in the classic counsellor role. ‘Don’t judge’ , ‘don’t invalidate someone elses experiences’ , ‘ask open questions’ , ‘focus on feelings’ , and to be honest it can be tepid stuff and ‘enabling’ in some instances. When someone is given a platform to expouse delusional beliefs , then people should quite rightly demonstrate confidence in their rebuttal. As I believe confidence breeds confidence
Just my opinion…

Of course there is a find line between ‘keepn it real’ and being caustic , rude and acerbic. And I straddle that line more than most here , but Sz is rough rough business…

Surely it doesn’t have to be an either/or situation? I think @SurprisedJ has mentioned missing such a forum(and maybe others) so I appreciate the need for such a forum.
I see these forums catering for a range of functioning but agree the lack of a working/education forum is a major omission.
I guess my quibble with the closing of an unusual beliefs forum would be that it resulted in the shutting down of all discussion on the issue(including people genuinely seeking help and those doing their best to give it). Perhaps things could be discussed in ‘diagnosed’ but haven’t posters in the past complained about posts they thought should be in ‘unusual beliefs’ turning up in ‘diagnosed’.
The main drawback of the unusual beliefs forum is the encouraging and attempts to legitimise delusions that can occur but I think on the whole moderation deals with this quite well. I can see that moderating that sub forum might be particularly time consuming but would moving such posts to ‘diagnosed’ solve that problem or just transfer them?

If you click the categories tab at the top of the page there is an “uncategorized” section that we cannot access.
What’s the deal?

For administration and Moderator use I assume.

I am personally disappointed that vaccines don’t cause autism. Wish they did. Need more people who think properly. :wink:

Pixel.

Right now it appears to be, so I’m stating my preference. Because I would prefer it to this:

Pixel.

I’ve no idea how much of my life is or was real. So struggling to answer the poll with such limited choices. But I’m just difficult to please in general.

1 Like

Can see why you closed down that thread . It was just an excuse to wallow in delusion thinking and to encourage others down that path.

I think that any behavior that encourages delusions should mean a ban for the poster. Some of these people make me delusional.

1 Like

delusions are a major sympthom of the disorder , managed , yes , banned no :slight_smile:

Look, a ban only lasts for what? 3 days? I think a ban is in order! It would make people think before they acted. Some things posted on this forum can be very harmful to healing individuals.

1 Like

I am not sure I’d agree with an immediate ban but after several suspensions and still carrying on.

2 Likes