Poll: Unusual beliefs

Have you had what others call unusual beliefs? How do you feel about those beliefs?

• They’re all true
  • Some of them are/were true
  • None of them were true

0 voters

as a psz sometime I think they are after me other times they dam well are.

Sometimes I dismiss delusions completely as "impossible " or “crazy” only to find out later that they had a grain of truth in them.

Hard to answer. I could walk on water - untrue. My dad was in a motor cycle gang - true but nobody believed me in hospital. He wanted to kill me - untrue I hope. I could communicate by radio waves - untrue. There are spirits and ghosts - true but everyone told me there are not.

2 Likes

The people and world without color are very much real. I will find proof of it one day

Yeah most delusions start out with some truth , but unfortunately the brain can’t rationalise things and then it all just spirals. The final delusion is though in most cases totally untrue.

A lot of my early problems started off true… and then I blew them up in to an all consuming size.

Reincarnation… could be true… many people believe in that…
Reincarnation J style that I could remember all my past lives and had to find the others I left in other lives… probably not true.

Kidnappers exist… very true
Kidnappers following my sister 100% of the time and using everyone in our lives to get to her… not true.

1 Like

The only belief I would say was unusual was that I had female parts and if I tried hard enough I could have a female orgasm . I realise now on regular medication that it’s not true. In terms of false but not unusual/bizarre beliefs they have included things like I wrote a minor pop hit, kept studying at my school years after I left till the housemaster told me I should leave, all my teeth had fallen out( which 40 years later is almost true),

I have been described as having difficulties with perception which I guess means my interpretation of events is sometimes skewed but I think that’s a step removed from unusual/bizarre beliefs.

This can easily be done with thought forms, I play with this thought form some times just because the feeling is interesting to me. Thought forms can cause many problems with those that are unaware of how they work. I believe I have both female souls and male souls within me and these thoughts are very easily found to make the experience very real.

Powessy

I have a migraine called Unusual Beliefs. I’d dearly love to see this crap section tossed in favour of Work and Careers.

Pixel.

4 Likes

So you would rather that an element that affects most with psychosis/schizophrenia was censored out of the picture? I am not saying people should be encouraged in their unusual beliefs but surely discussion of how they impact on well being and how to minimise the effects is not out of the remit of this forum?

A work and careers forum would be a useful addition for some but that is different from saying it should replace this forum.

Is this forum a vehicle to discuss and provide help and support for all aspects of psychosis/schizophrenia or not?
I think it’s sufficient to curtail threads when it is apparent that one or more subsequent posters are encouraging an original poster to hold onto or indulge their delusion/unusual belief. This could be seen to be the case with @powessy response to my post on this thread. Which seemed to be trying to validate a past delusion/unusual belief of mine.

2 Likes

My shrink literally told me “just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not after you.”

Like welcome to Halloween, here you get used to everything being scary and eventually you just adapt and become scary yourself.

Hello Firemonkey

It was not my intention to further your delusions of past memories. I was only trying to tell you that the things you experienced were only thought forms and nothing more.Thought forms are like static waves that are condensed to give the feeling of something not there. The soul is comprised of a thought form in many ways it is not solid but holds the shape you are in within yourself. I am sorry if you feel I was trying to validate your delusions I am sure my explanation was not one of your thoughts when this was happening to you.

Powessy

@pixel needs a hug today. @darksith?

3 Likes

I’m inclined to agree, though it does offer a platform for reminding the Believers that belief is INvariably a mere product of mental masturbation and NEVER an accurate representation of what is actually so… regardless of how instructed, conditioned, socialized, habituated and normalized the belief in belief is in a cult-ure built on it to the exclusion of observing to see, hear and feel what is actually so.

its a vent zone.

1 Like

@notmoses So long as this sub forum is adequately moderated/monitored I disagree with closing it down. Like it or not unusual beliefs are a core aspect of psychosis/schizophrenia and are we helping anyone by making them keep those experiences to themselves? People need help to fight through their unusual beliefs and this is aided by other posters saying what worked or didn’t work for them.
If it gets into encouraging or validating the original delusion then either remove posts or stop the thread depending how many people adopt that line, Ditto for a thread that becomes the delusional equivalent of a pissing up the wall contest.

1 Like

So do I.

That seems like quite a leap from what I actually wrote.

Which is what I intend to be doing here, though admittedly it may not come across the way at times (I get your point here).

Thoroughly agreed.

I’ve been tossed in the hospital numerous for believing my exhusband was listening and recording me on my cell phone-and the best one-knowing exactly where I was when I had it…No,No,No everyone kept saying, your actively psychotic, you need to go to the hospital in restaints and get your meds checked out.
Hahahah…sheesh.

1 Like

No. I don’t think so. The poll is showing 85% of us, including me have issues with unusual beliefs.