Poll: How do you remember to take your meds

• Phone alarms
  • Pill box
  • Niether

0 voters

Tick all that apply. Don’t tick “niether” if you tick one of the other options! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

My parents remind me when to take my pills, every morning and every evening, that’s why i love them :smile:

3 Likes

I have an alarm on my phone.

1 Like

I go to bed at 20:00 and I stand up at 08:00. That is when I take my meds.

1 Like

Yosemite my Great Dane takes meds for his arthritis twice a day. I give them to him wrap in Braunschweiger. Believe me his timing may not be perfect but he doesn’t forget his treats.
I also take my meds twice a day. Right after I give Yosemite his.

4 Likes

it is a habit. First thing I do in the morning and the last thing I do in the evening.

3 Likes

They are in a pill box but that doesn’t help me remember. Usually getting symptoms helps me remember. I’ll start acting weird and someone will say “did you take your meds?” I hate that crap, but it works so…

1 Like

I have a schedule. I take them at the same time of day and in the same location, which I link to a daily activity (breakfast).

1 Like

I have a pill box, which my nurses and pdoc call a “medi planner”. But, that doesn’t help me remember. I take my morning meds first thing when I wake up. I take my evening meds right after I come up from the dining room after eating dinner, around 6:00 pm. And I take my night time meds at 9:00 pm right after I get done practicing piano for an hour. So, I have a routine that I stick to.

2 Likes

I have marks on the bottle to mark off the days I take them. One box per day for each pill bottle and the date is in each box. Plus, I follow a routine so not to forget.

2 Likes

I use a pill box. When that doesn’t work the symptoms make me check. It doesn’t take long after I miss a meds dose to notice that i forgot. For one thing I can’t sleep without the meds, and for another I basically can’t think well without them.

1 Like

My problem is with medicine I can’t remember if I HAVE taken. This is a real problem with as-needed medicine for me and for vials of breathing medicine too large for a pill box.

1 Like

I dont need anything, I have a good memory for taking my pills. It kinda of reassures me that ill get better to take them even though I am still suffering a lot :(…

1 Like

I do phone alarms when just starting a new medication. Then eventually I get into a routine taking it with my meals and don’t need the alarms anymore.

1 Like