Poll: How bitter are you?

5 for me. I lost a lot of things to schizophrenia. I could be another person I wasnt ill.

3 Likes

10 Maximum Bitterness !!!

8 Likes

Iā€™m bitter due to winter blues, on top of SZ, though symptoms are going down recently.

The cloud cover was so thick all day, felt like late evening at noon.

Probably should shell $200 for one of those seasonal affective disorder lamps, to treat the winter depression. The depression is kind of scary, feels like being trapped with nowhere to go.

1 Like

@valiumprincess

Sending hugs your way

3 Likes

Are you new to this illness ? Iā€™ve found time has turned me from a 10 to a 1

1 Like

Somewhat new. Iā€™ve known Iā€™ve been mentally ill and taking medication for five years, but in the past year or so it has changed from manic episodes and sucidal ideation to severe psychosis and anxiety. I would say Iā€™m pretty bitter about my disability as of late.

2 Likes

I gave myself a 10. I am in denial that I have sza. I am hurting because I was taken advantage of and convinced that I was fine and didnā€™t need medication by someone I was infatuated with.

Iā€™m bitter as hell right now.

1 Like

I put down 1. Life is just life. Itā€™s not fair. Itā€™s certainly not easy but itā€™s worth living. Iā€™ve been through some shite that most folk just wouldnā€™t deal with. Iā€™ve been broken a couple of times and Iā€™ve survived. I canā€™t change the past but I can do the now and affect the future.

Iā€™m anything but bittter and thus the 1.

4 Likes

I think strong bitterness is due to not knowing the root cause of the sz. When one discovers the setbacks that caused the isolation one gains strength and then the bitterness can subside.

2 Likes

Woooo am I bitter! I think I still have a few dependency issues so I get a real rise out of being nice and helping people but when I decide I donā€™t like someone because of one tiny thingā€¦ woooo watch out. I will haaaaaattttteee your butt forever!

Funnily enough I have no idea what will spark it off.

Iā€™m an @ though so not sure if that counts.

1 Like

I put 9. I donā€™t feel like an adult and I donā€™t feel like part of society. A normie couldnā€™t find meaning in the things I have (mostly cheap leisure) so I donā€™t see how I can be expected to.

Treatment has been ineffective for the voices.
The only sucess in treatment was bringing me out of a mixed state with Lithium.

1 Like

Same for me! I voted 7. I have periods that I am pretty bitter, especially at psychiatrists. For the same reasons as firemonkey. Also periodes that I am less bitter, so not a 10. I want to get rid of bitterness though, it is not helpful. I used to be a 1, always forgive and forget easily. That was a problem as well, id keep in contact with abusers etc, because I just kept loving them and going on with life.

1 Like

I have a specific issue I am bitter about. I wonā€™t go into it here. Itā€™s like I have a split personality, because in many ways I am grateful for the things I have. There is just one issue I am apoplectic about.

1 Like

I put a 7 because, even though Iā€™m grateful for what I have gleaned from this life, I passed sz onto my son and watching him struggle is torture.

1 Like

I put 7 as an average, but it depends on the topic. Some things, like my son, Iā€™m at a 10. But sz Iā€™m at closer to a 5 or 6.

2 Likes

It depends on what time of day it is.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not bitter-not really . Sharpens Samurai sword and runs screaming into the night.

5 Likes

I voted that I am not bitter at all. Most days Iā€™m not even aware I have schizophrenia. . Even when Iā€™m having symptoms itā€™s just weird stuff happening.

I basically live in pee wees playhouse. It just gets frightening.

3 Likes

Off medication I dwell far too much on what has past. On medication, i still dwell. I realize life is what it is and isnā€™t fair for anyone, but Iā€™ll still indulge my bitterness, if for no other reason than nostalgia.

2 Likes

I was told by a few people im sweetā€¦

2 Likes