Poll: Do you want counting characters?

• yes
  • no

0 voters

I can’t read long posts so i was wondering about this.
It should be minimum 15 characters and maximum 300 or 500.
What do you think???

1 Like

@julian88 no I don’t want an upper limit.
Let people write posts as long as they wish, even if you personally can’t read them.

8 Likes

Umm not sure. Sometimes I post long just venting …

4 Likes

Take it easy @Erez_Shmerling i was just wondering …

1 Like

I voted YES. Even if I do read long posts sometimes, but generally an idea can be properly expressed in less than 1000 characters. People who write longer posts are usually rambling or repeating themselves…

2 Likes

Yes @Andrey no need of too much details, just the essential i think IMO

2 Likes

I think long posts with lots of line breaks are ok

5 Likes

It would be nice if there was a limit for new posters in terms of length. It would discourage people from posting a list of symptoms or a backstory the size of War and Peace.

2 Likes

Apparently this is an unpopular opinion, but I think posting entire biographies really helps people. That way, they can be sure they’re not leaving anything out when they look for answers. It can be a chore to read, but I think the benefit is worth the effort.

3 Likes

It would save me a page of scrolling so I can reply, “only a doctor can diagnose you.”

:grin:

2 Likes

Bump 151515151515

I’m more for people breaking their posts down into smaller paragraphs than any limit on characters.

1 Like

Moderators can do that

It shouldn’t be up to the moderators to do it . There should be a recognition of people’s cognitive limitations that can come with psychosis/schizophrenia and posts tailored accordingly.

1 Like

@Rhubot split a post into paragraphs and maybe many times idk… Forgive my English…

Yes moderators can do it but it shouldn’t be up to them. They have enough to do anyway.

1 Like

Generally, the only times people post long walls of unbroken text is when they’re in crisis/struggling with cognitive limitations of their own. They’re using all their brain power to reach out, and don’t have enough left over to proofread and see if they’re being intelligible.

3 Likes

I voted “no”…no need for censorship rules…let people bleed out their long posts…it’s up to the reader to read or not.

3 Likes

That is one possibility. When my brain is stalling though(it happens!) it would be an uphill struggle to write so much text.

The large majority of text walls are written in a panicked and desperate tone.

1 Like