Poll: Do you think you can pass as normal

Yes. Except with other schizophrenics. We can smell each other.

4 Likes

Yes I can pass as normal as long as I donā€™t talk to myself in public lol! That happens quite often :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I can go to meetings, I can meet with family etc and I appear normal, most of the time! I may lose track of what I am saying and be a bit odd but I can pass most of the time. My problem is the next day as said above, I am drained and completely flat, if you catch me on those days then I am not because Iā€™m usually bombarded by voices too on those days.

2 Likes

My in-laws donā€™t know I am sick. Neither do any of my husbandā€™s brothers and sisters or their familiesā€“thatā€™s like 20,000 people right there. Then thereā€™s my grandparents and most of the people in the town I live in.

ā€œWendyā€™s just quiet.ā€

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity: do you have any theories on why that is? The schizo magnet mystery has baffled me for years. I saw one looking at me on a particularly bad day and I just ran away. I got away too but heā€™s like 80.

1 Like

normal haā€¦ can I pass off as being delightfully mad yesā€¦ is it charming enough to get me out of normal dreadful convos without the normie even noticing that ive hijacked the interaction yesā€¦ I put yes but I feel more like an anomaly that people for some damn reason want to talk to a lot more than I wish they wouldā€¦

2 Likes

Yea if im not on drugs

2 Likes

No not really,cause Iā€™m talking to myself a lot! :grinning:

2 Likes

around 85% of time - yes

1 Like

Me too. Impush and then next day or at some point im done cant do anything

People might not know I have sz, but I donā€™t come across as normal. I make people uncomfortable. And Iā€™m uncomfortable around people.

2 Likes

I only pass as normal when carrying this card

lol lol lol just kidding

3 Likes

according to my in laws I just donā€™t try hard enough to appear normal. they yell at me all the time for shaking and twitching and just not sitting still even if its due to the TD.

Iā€™m sorry to hear you have TD. Thatā€™s pretty messed up that your in-laws yell at you for it.

1 Like

Me tooā€¦1212121212121212

Nice to meet you, my name is Norman Normal.

1 Like

norman nice to meet you this is ned andā€¦nancy normal also normalā€¦no relationā€¦shall we discuss the weather and uhhhhā€¦grass clippings so this strained normal encounter can endā€¦ this smile hurts

2 Likes