Poem for greatest teacher ever

I know there has been some poem drama on the site recently…but I have one day left to deliver this poem.

I have this wonderful English teacher who knows about my psychosis and has been a great person to talk with. After I left the mental ward last January, she was extremely supportive and understanding. It took time, but eventually I let her into my life. I wrote this for her. How is it…

~

To the The English Teacher Who Changed My Life

Yanked from the ward—not few days fresh
Laced in new straps: sitting behind a desk
Embittered and foul, I could not see
Beyond me was the holder of the key.

Within a week, you unlocked my soul
Unafraid to discover the source of woe.
Into this wreck you softly dived,
Mending beams with a mother’s kind.

Then once the shipwright finished her task,
The beam stood strong, resurrecting the mast.
And even though this ship sails atop waves of strife
She will never forget who helped save her life.

6 Likes

Very sweet and thoughtful of you! There’s a lot going on under that hat I tell ya!

I think I remember months ago on another thread calling you one of the ‘dark horses’ of this forum. I believe my intuitions were correct!

:sunny:

1 Like

Thank you @Patrick :grin:

1 Like
1 Like

@Sharp I think your teacher will be very touched by your poem.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: I hope so too!

It really is beautiful. Wonderful imagery. I bet your teacher will frame it and treasure it forever. :sunny:

1 Like

Yes, she’s going to love it. Is this the same teacher you made the leather keyring for? It’s great to have that kind of relationship with someone.

1 Like

I think your teacher will love it. Teachers and other people in general, love gestures like that.

1 Like

She loved it and shed tears after reading it. I also made her a key chain but a different one.

3 Likes