Plans for Fall?

Anyone else going back to school? I ended up signing up for one accounting class at community college and arranging to volunteer with office work at a literacy place the other 3 days of the week. Others recommend I work part time but I can’t find anything. Idk if I want to be an accountant, just want to keep busy. Do you have plan coming up this fall?

3 Likes

I think school is behind me. Before my psychotic break I really liked school. However now I just want to do well at a job. Also I don’t want to go particularly in debt since I already have a master’s degree. Also I got rejected when I applied to colleges for my phd. The only thing I can think of is that maybe I could get a degree in computer science as there are a lot of jobs that require knowing a programming language that take physics degrees.

Also if you are to the right of the political spectrum just lie to people in college that you are left. People could harass you and professors could give you lower grades if they think you are in the right. At least that is the way it felt when I was in college. I was open about my politics. It may have hurt me. There are other reasons that it could’ve been but I’m not that sure of it.

1 Like

Yeah I registered before for a second bachelors in cs and they transferred me in without question. I didn’t do it though… It should only take 2 more years if you have a bachelors already. Or you could get a masters. If you can’t find a job in a year, maybe you’ll want another degree or some internship or training through vocational rehab. How long have you been looking for a job?

1 Like

For about 2 years now. I got really close to getting two government jobs. The only problem is that they specifically didn’t hire me because I was sz though. Also a job with a contractor for the government that did hire me but they didn’t keep me on because the clearance paperwork didn’t go through in time.

1 Like

Government jobs are my ideal goal too since I heard they have all kinds of accommodations for the ill and tend to be less stressful. 2 years is a long time, try expanding your network. I’m sure you’d have no problem finding a job as a Physics teacher. I’m sure more openings will open up. Do you have any concerns about whether you’re mentally or physically able to work…?

1 Like

No I’m pretty sure that I can work. I worked at the census bureau before and that was right after my psychotic break. I had alogia. Of course they fired me pretty much because of that and that I couldn’t sleep. I think the reason I couldn’t really find work is that I’ve been looking in the local area. Not that many tech jobs or science jobs in the area where I live.

Also federal government jobs are good if you can last a year. Then they can’t just fire you.

2 Likes

Also do you use usajobs.gov I think it is? That is the website to go to for government jobs. I applied to a couple of jobs right now. I use my status as a veteran to give me a leg up so you may want to try the disability angel if it lists that next to the job. I have a doctors note stating I have sz and I am going to scan that soon and use that to apply to some jobs.

hi @SP2342 here are some other job sites we have in Hawaii that DVR gave to me. You can probably change the state or do a google search to find the equivalent in your area. city and county jobs - agency.governmentjobs.com/honolulu , state jobs - agency.governmentjobs.com/hawaii , DOE jobs - doe.k12.hi.us , Judiciary jobs - courts.state.hi.us

I think I use this too it is the government jobs website. I apply to local jobs with this. I used to apply to jobs in other states. But then they wanted me to drive all the way to south carolina to take a test and I had to tell them I couldn’t.

Going to college to study gcse language
I am not biting off any that I can’t chew

1 Like

My next class starts on September 25th. Hopefully I will still have my job, my apartment, and my car by then.

2 Likes

im always full of plans
i want usual things - read books learn ancient greek philosophy and exercise

1 Like