Pimavanserin approved for pdp

ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ: ACAD), a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of innovative medicines to address unmet medical needs in central nervous system (CNS) disorders, today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved NUPLAZID (pimavanserin) for the treatment of hallucinations and delusions associated with Parkinson’s disease psychosis.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160429006144/en/FDA-Approves-ACADIA-Pharmaceuticals’-NUPLAZID™-pimavanserin--

1 Like

Is this for Parkinson’s Disease Psychosis…???:alien:

This drug is also in testing for schizophrenia psychosis. It used inverse agonism an 5ht2a receptor (lsd receptor) to prevent psychosis

1 Like

Does this help with negative symptoms of sz…???:alien:

It’s being tested by itself in schizophrenia. It doesn’t block dopamine receptors so its likely to be the best medicine for lack of motivation. It also does nt block histamine, adrenaline, or muscarinic receptors so no weight gain or sexual dysfunction or akathisia

1 Like

Looks like the only side effects are qt interval prolongation

1 Like

I hope it works as mono for schizo, I would love to have all my dopamine and no symptoms.

1 Like

Cactustomato are you going to try get on it with off lable use or wait for it to come out for schizo?

Blocks an LSD receptor? Yipes I’m shizo and I always tolerated that drug better than my non-mentally ill friends and my symptoms rarely if ever seemed similar to LSD hallucinations. If anything the most discomforting symptoms remind me of psyolicibin trips which I was much more uncomfortable with (jumping out of my own skin awkward) unless I was alone. Ironically, this magic mushroom is said to heal aspects of brain damage.

I’m probably not going to try it due to the qt interval thing. Atrial fibbrilation runs in my family