Persistently Negative Posters

How do you rid this site of these cancerous posters? The types who never have anything positive to add, and just take their own misery out on other people.

3 Likes

Everybody is entitled to their opinion and I donā€™t think people should be banned just for being negative.

6 Likes

Depression often brings about a negative personality. The worlds not all kittens and rainbows either. Those who shame others for being negative condone a false sense of positivity

5 Likes

The negative is just as real as the positive. As szs, we suffer. It should be ok to say so.

1 Like

Schizophrenia can be a persistently negative disease.

2 Likes

Complaining about people complaining is a bit silly, isnā€™t it?

3 Likes

They must have their battery wires both connected to the negative terminal :wink:

1 Like

Whos taking their misery out on other people?

His post is about me. He doesnā€™t mention me by name, just writes ā€œpostersā€, because he doesnā€™t want to make it look like another personal attack, but it is one.

3 Likes

Iā€™m going to complain about you complaining about people who complain about people complaining.

Will the circle be unbroken- la la la :wink:

3 Likes

"And the beat goes on, and the beat goes on,
Drums keep pounding,
A rhythm to the brain.
La de da de, la de da da.

Cher

4 Likes

My advice is if someone bothers you, then donā€™t engage them.

1 Like

group hug people :rabbit: :bear: :mouse:
take care :alien:

6 Likes

I rely on Ralph the might lettuce!

What bothers me is that some posters tend to go ā€˜metaā€™ - in the sense that they do not so much reply to other posts directly, but rather take an ā€˜observantā€™ stance towards other posts, and then comment about the ā€˜trendsā€™ that have been observed thus. This is a tendency that seems hard to resist from time to time. For some posters.

( :wink: )

1 Like

You meanā€¦ Likeā€¦ pansdisease?

Or do you just want the posters who disagree with you removed?

Please clarify!

Pixel.

How do we get rid of cancerous non-sz users who come on here and derail the focus of the forum? How about the ones who come on here and accuse people of, say, bullying, and then turn around and do it themselves?

And how about situations where parents get chased out of the Family forum by a member who canā€™t stop blaming the parentsā€™ behaviours for their offspringā€™s mental illness? Said blaming being done under the veneer of unconfirmed professional ā€˜experienceā€™. The last thing that the parents of a SZ coming here for help need is a kick in the teeth for their efforts.

Pixel.

2 Likes

Right on. But donā€™t tell that user. Youā€™ll be blasted with a wall of text and random psychology field studies.

4 Likes

This whole thread just made Patrickā€™s point. :sunglasses:

2 Likes