People can't be trusted

In my experience only the government is usually out to get me. It’s very specific beyond that but in general I can trust most people who I don’t think are working for the government.

1 Like

As someone who is related to several Federal & State Government employees, trust me, you have nothing to worry about. They are just people,. Lazy people who gave up on their real dreams according to the Running Joke/Stereotype/Generalisation.

3 Likes

@MoeFaux

You may be correct about the regular guys but there are a lot of govt things going on behind closed doors that you don’t know about.

I live near an army base with a large DoD workforce, and I have many relatives employed by the government, all sorts of branches, all sorts of levels. I can completely confirm this. Even CIA employees are just people.

1 Like

Yes you are right about that, I am sure. But I don’t care. Those people have to do Scary, Necessary Things Sometimes. Humans are without a doubt the most Dangerous Thing on the Planet. I’m glad I Don’t Have To Make Important Decisions. I kinda feel sorry for the people that do.

Good Presidents rapidly age.

1 Like

If you can find a couple friends to trust. It’s a lot easier to not care so much what some of the idiots think about your illness.

2 Likes

People just cannot be trusted, not matter what they say. They always hide the truth, they may think they are protecting us, or keeping us from pain. But what really hurts are their lies. The honest truth is so much more palatable and easier to deal with than their so-called “white lies”.
Why can’t others be honest?

2 Likes

No. they are pretending to be good

But the love we deserve, is destroy by ugly people. And the crap come to your life uninvited. So we maybe fell for the lies and pretend is not that bad?

your kinda talking to no one… @Minnii has gone away and I haven’t seen @Dreamscape2 in a while…

I know I am not talking to anyone, for I am all alone in a world where no one cares or gives a damn about an insignificant being such as myself. I just need an outlet, because no one would listen to my screams.

1 Like

i didn’t mean it like that just this specific thread… this place is a wonderful outlet… just the approach of resurrecting an old thread is pretty hit or miss… we seem to have a high turnover rate… im sorry your feeling alone…but you stumbled upon a wonderful place and together the lonely become the many…

We are here to support and to encourage you. You are not alone :purple_heart: I hope you are feeling better :slight_smile:

I agree, everyone lies so how do you know when they are telling the truth?

I ran across a quote that makes sense to me: I’m a good enough person to forgive you, but not stupid enough to trust you again.

2 Likes

Don’t make generalizations.
There are people ( like me) that can be trusted.
Each person should be evaluated individually.

1 Like

I agree. Some people do not lie. I was referring to people who have lied. I should have been more specific.

In my life, I would say that the people I invested the most time in disappointed me except for my mom. I am lucky to have her as my mom because she loves me unconditionally. Although she may not understand me most of the time, she is perhaps the only person I trust that will always love me no matter what. I hope she lives a long life, because without her I will be very lonely.

1 Like

That’s a sweeping generalization that is just not true. It’s not black & white. Sure, at the least, people will hurt your feelings occasionally but when someone likes you and cares for you like a good friend or your family or even your doctor then you will have feelings of well-being and security and contentment that you can’t experience if you cut everybody off and you are isolated.

But the way life and relationships work, you have to take the bad with the good. Being isolated will not help when you met friendly people walking down the street or in doctors offices or the grocery market. If you build up mistrust than then you will miss the pleasure that being with people can bring. You need to trust and depend on certain people. If you cut people off, than they will cut you off.

Before I got sick I had friends who I knew for 7 or 8 years. I had so many great times with them. And sometimes I hated them when they ganged up on me and then sometimes we had periods when two or three of us would gang up on the other guy and cut him out. But after knowing each other for so long it felt so comfortable to be in each others company despite the bad times.

All my life, I did not trust anyone. Not even my own mother. I thought everyone hated me and was out to do me harm or take advantage of me in some way. I was always on the defensive. Now, that I’m on a good medication regimen and have good coping skills, I live in a kind, benevolent world for the first time in my life. What a difference!

Im glad for you