People CAN Change

People can and do change. I’ve always known this. That’s why I try to help people as much as I can. I don’t support people who are hurting themselves, but I try to help people out of self absorbing attitudes. If people just accepted me…because I’m blunt and I don’t want to throw my life away. I had schizophrenia and madness and ■■■■■■■■ thrown my way but I’ve experienced more of poetry and beauty in life that you would shatter when u saw it in my eyes. chances were, I knew you already. I’m flawed. Duh. I’m imperfect. I’m glad. I’ve been given this hand to make me smarter. Not just stronger, wiser, more prepared and daring. I don’t need anyone to judge my effing apostrophe’s. If I needed help then someone should have told me. I helped myself. I don’t do that weak crap, I don’t lean on anyone anymore. I take care of my sick mother and look for a job. That’s all I do.

2 Likes

It’s not always weak to lean on someone. We ALL need people in our lives. I appreciate your integrity but AA taught me that going it alone just not work. But I applaud your attitude even though you probably don’t care that I do.

1 Like

Wow a little negative. OK? I don’t drink and I do care. No one gets me that’s prob why I still do.

Oh, I wasn’t suggesting that you are a drinker, StarryNight… It’s just that the principles of AA often translate into anybody’s life and I like to use what I’ve learned there. No one understands me like I want them to understand me either.

I am trying to remember that people can change. I did. If I could just extend that patience to my youngest brother as he fights to heal…

I never stopped changing I suppose, this past several years has been a huge period of change for me. When I think about those I know who are closer to my own age a lot of them seem so stuck in their ways and I think to myself that I am rather lucky despite all the chaos I’ve been through that I am still able to change.

4 Likes

@StarryNight. I am glad you seem so confident about life? I am weak and still smoke weed but I have stopped drinking at least. I embrace art and music to get me through the day, but it falls short because it’s not “real” accomplishment really. Kind of a dream world over here. I love the Beatles !!