Pdoc took me off all antipsychotics - TD scare

I’ve been having some weird tongue protrusion (tongue sticks out of mouth) so my pdoc (whom I called immediately) told me to stop taking the stuff until I see him on Wednesday. I hope I can make it a week without meds. I have no idea what he’s going to do with me. Maybe something milder like Zyprexa or Seroquel is what he hinted at. Hope my tongue goes back where it belongs. Here’s an idea of what it looks like: :stuck_out_tongue: Not that bad though. :wink:

1 Like

Wow just saw this post - maybe the typicals are proving to be a bit too harsh for you now Greg - things can change - good luck with this

Sorry to hear that…hope everything goes well

Hope everything works out well. I think I remember how your posts were before you started medication that worked, and I know you don’t want to go back there again. It’s funny, no matter what you posted I could tell that you had a lot of intelligence. Good luck.

Dear @anon40540444 ,
Yes the old typicals are rough. That’s one of the reasons I quit Haldol cold turkey. Pacing, stiffness, toungue crap. Eyes rolling back. Luckily it went away.
That’s why the atypicals are so popular. I hope you find a special one with your name on it!

wow, that’s scary! I pray I never have to worry about that. I wouldn’t worry stopping your meds for a week. It usually takes a month or two after stopping meds to become delusional again.

1 Like

Thanks @jukebox. You’re the only one so far who noticed that I should be okay. It’s been weighing heavily on my mind. Don’t need to become psychotic right now.

■■■■ dude. I hope you get on a new med soon. No meds is scary.

I have been off all anti-psychotics also for a time; from Spring 2013 until this winter. My heart goes out to you. Do you have a therapist that you fell comfortable with? You may call him or her and talk with him or her about your concerns and how you may be able to cope better with the situation. I am sure that it won’t be long and you will be back on the meds that are best for you. I am positive you won’t be put in a such a horrible situation as I was. Mine was tragically unique and scary.

Hope it all goes well.