Pdoc put me on haldol

i was on risperdal and it didnt do much fort me and made me gain almost 100 pounds in a 1.5 years

2 Likes

I’m happy to hear he changed your medicine! I know that’s what you wanted.

3 Likes

thanks man i needed it

2 Likes

Good luck on Haldol @austinsdad - it’s a very effective med.

1 Like

thank you @Wave. Its been pretty effective so far

2 Likes

How do you feel on it? Do you feel better? I am thinking of trying it too

1 Like

@TomCat oh ya i feel alot better my voices are almost gone and i am not seeing demons that much anymore i can go shopping at walmart and i dont think everyone can read my mind. I love the medicine no side effects either

2 Likes

When I was on the Haldol shot I was pretty miserable, but Haldol did do some good things for me. At one point I was on 40 mg a day. That was really bad.

1 Like

@crimby I am sorry haldol didnt work out for you. Are you on good meds for you now?

Right now I am on Geodon and Seroquel and I’m doing fine. These med’s have been like a God send for me.

1 Like

Good luck @austinsdad

1 Like

@crimby Thats awesome for you
@Minnii Thank you very much

1 Like

Rispersal made me gain weight too

@cactustomato ya it made me gain way too much weight and gave me diabetes. So i had to come off of it. Arent you on latda now how is that working out for you?

When they put me on zyprexa,I weighed 138. After about 4 months I was over 200lbs.I dont take much more than prozac.I hover arouelsend 200 now and I am 55. years old.Viibryd replaced the prozac and after being seriously allergic to viibryd am back to prozac.Has anybody else ever tried viibryd ?

Latuda is fine. The doctor keeps trying to put me on geodon but im done with medicines that cause harm to the body

i hear ya on that one hopefully lowering it to 20 mg will be ok for you

I’m on the haldol shot and it has worked for me for about 4 years…no side effects but I do sleep a lot.

I had be same delusions that people could read my mind. It’s so bad. How is weight loss working for you? I’m switching to Haldol and hope to lose weight as well.

Well it gave me some side effects that were bad so I got off of that I am zyprexa and seroquel