Part of my delusion, I guess. Plz, say something!

I had a thoughts that my parents are not my biological parents. Who of you had/have this kind of experience? Or is this delusional thoughts?

I questioned once if my mom was really my mom. But that idea went away quick.

Tnx, But is it part of delusional thoughts?

Yes i think so. I might be wrong but mine felt kind of delusional because i was hearing voices at the time i questioned it.

I’ve had the same thoughts before for a short while. I’d say yes they are delusional thoughts.

I hate my parents because they don’t have me seeing doctors.
Instead they take me to some healers.
I don’t believe in alternative medicine but I don’t have the capacity to go to the doctor on my own.

Oh, I see. Tnx!

1 Like

Yes I had delusions and hallucinations that involved the idea my parents were not my biological parents

I guess, I wasnt the only. Happy to hear you out.

I thought my doctor and therapist were my real parents. Or I thought my parents were robots and I was an alien. Yeah I had these thoughts. I also think I’m Jesus son of god so god is my parents.

Did you? I guess, we all have different kinds of delusional thoughts. But are you fine? Doing well?

Doing pretty well. I only have delusions as my breakthrough positive symptom. But overall doing pretty well on meds now. Thanks.

I have also had that delusion

I think that my official parents are also my biological parents.
I don’t feel they do a good job of looking after my health, but on the other hand they don’t disown me,
so that’ the most important thing.

I remember when I was younger, I actually had the thought my parents weren’t my real parents and that I was adopted. It didn’t last a while but it wasn’t fun. I also had the tendency to think my family was in bad financial shape and my family would argue even though I knew we needed some financial help.
Not sure I was delusional then but wouldn’t surprise me if I had some!

Tnx for sharing. Its good to know, I am not the only one.

I used to think that some time ago.

Sometimes I would wonder if my parents actually adopted me from a horribly abusive household which would explain a lot. But there’s too much evidence to the contrary. Waaaay too many baby photos of me, I’ve seen my birth certificate, etc.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.