Part 1: How would you describe your childhood?

How would you describe your childhood with single paragraph?

For instances:

Born in a small town. Grew up with effective and efficient parental control.

1 Like

I was born in a small coastal US city to parents who were very kind, loving and well meaning people.

The end :smile:

1 Like

I was mentally ill as a child.

Had some good times.Had some bad times.Very normal upbringing in some ways. No one ever called me “weird” but I felt weird and sometimes I felt I was missing out on stuff,mainly when it came to girls. I had a lot of fun.I wasn’t a “natural born” athlete but I could hold my own and even excel in our weekend tackle football games in the park. I was a good kid growing up. I didn’t cause a lot of trouble if left to my own devices. But I could be talked into doing things like drugs and stealing. In a way, I think I peaked in popularity and being “one of the guys” in sixth grade.After that I was a loner with just a few close friends. I became withdrawn in seventh grade. Cut myself off from everybody else. I was picked on very rarely in school. I think in high school , I only got in one fight which I lost. I got in several fights OUT of school. Lost them too. There were probably other people who if I got in a fight with I would have won.
But as a kid I rode my bike, went fishing, played Frisbee in the park, etc. Normal stuff. High school basically sucked I have to say, but I had my moments.

That’s too bad BakedBeans. Must have been rough.

3 Likes

Born into a dysfunctional middle class family. Parents argued a lot. Sent to boarding school at 8. Teased from 8-13 and verbally bullied from 13-18. Was a solitary child. Found it hard to make friends.

I always felt a little different as a child but different in a good way not different in a bad way.

My childhood came to a screeching halt however with the realization that girls liked me and that what made me an outcast in private school made me a rebel in public school. By the time high school rolled around I was down for the count. I got up again…I did…with a helping hand. But it took what seemed like a lifetime to regain what it takes to look around, look within and figure out what the heck to do with yo bad self.

You remember very well.

Too complicated to sort out.

I have had plenty of time to think about it.

You have had traumatic experience during adolescence.

I was born in a big city. The emotional violence was a ingredient in my family for all my childhood.

Born into a very middle class emotional family. I was moody - depressed - manic as a kid, lots of panic and anxiety

Yes I had my share of anxieties as a child as well. Nothing compared to what I struggle with now though. They were more specific phobias as a child compared to what they are now

1 Like

I think the bullying is what triggered my (social) anxiety and paranoia. 40 years on I am still wary of ‘normal’/ ‘neurotypical’ people. Then again some might say I was bullied for not being mentally right rather than became mentally ill through bullying.

I’m the oldest in a large family, both my parents are very patient and have done the best they could for me.

I grew up in a very stable home, both parents are teachers and to this day they are still married.

But I was mentally ill as a child. I got worse as I grew up.

1 Like

Only child. Raised by single mother. Grounded and happy with a lot of friends.

1 Like

I was very loved by both sets of grandparents until I was 6. My mom and my dad picked me up every night and they loved me a lot too. I remember mainly being with my grandparents, which was great because both sets were proud of me being the first grandson. I also had golden locks of hair when growing up. Mom said I was born with a full head of curly hair.

1 Like

I can do it with one word: Crapola.

10-96

I was an uncouth outcast raised by distant single mother who had only a few real friends.