Paliperidone so far

Been on Paliperidone injection for 9 days. Had 2 starting doses 1 week apart.

Saw my nurse on Wednesday and she said I was much more animated than she had seen me in a month. That I was talking faster/smoother. To be honest i has not realized.

I feel more calmness about me defiantly regarding my delusions, they are “on the back burner” is how I would describe it. They are there but as fleeting thought and not total complete obsessions currently. Giving me more calmness.

I had come off qutiapine. Which helps sleep. However my sleep was not great. When I came off it … it was a nightmare. But now I’m falling asleep easier and waking up after 3 hours the last 2 nights.

So I come downstairs and have a cup of tea like I’m doing now. Hopefully I shall return for more sleep.

Generally a more calmness in myself. But improvements needed to be honest. I would like to see this medication able to give me a more productive life where I can be in more social situations. And I have heard from her it is working well for a couple of her other patients.

It’s early days. But this is some general information in how this medication is working for me.

Also a quick edit. I had major muscular pain in neck and shoulders from being so tense. That’s gone I think because I’m not tensenand more relaxed.

2 Likes

Sounds promising!! Takes a while to get maximum benefit so keep on keeping on! It’s good to here some postive stories about medication. It make a big difference to a place like this.

1 Like

I’ve been on Paliperidone injections for nearly 1 month. Had a really bad patch of mania that has just ended don’t know if it was the meds? Watch out for the animation side of it. I hope for your sake you don’t have to go through the crap I’ve just been through, talking a lot, gambling a lot, spending a lot, barely sleeping, not really good 2 grand later. Good luck with the meds Qwerty, I feel the volume is down for me on the paranoid thoughts at the moment so perhaps there is some merit in the injections from hell.

1 Like

Thankyou rogueone. Before I began the journey myself to injection I was scouting for information regarding going on this and sadly I kept coming across bad stuff via internet. It made me very apprehensive and didn’t do me much good at all which is one reason for my return here.

Glad that has calmed down for you. And I really hope this continues.

I was not sleeping well before this medication on the previous. So there is not much to loose in that department.may sign up for some psychology to help me with some techniques to help me sleep.