Paid Research Studies by the National Institutes of Health / Free Vacations in Washington DC area for US and International people

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/images/nimh_logo_144835_3.gif

NiceHat just shared this in another thread - and so I thought I’d make it higher visibility so others can take advantage of the opportunities that the National Institutes of Health / National Institutes of Mental Health (NIH / NIMH ). Not all studies will be recruiting for international patients - but NiceHat seemed to think that some studies do.

To get details on their latest study participation opportunities - see this web page or call them:

Adults: Schizophrenia - Join a Research Study: Enrolling nationally from around the country

Adults: Schizophrenia - National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)

Here is the study that NiceHat participated in - it seems to be still recruiting, but I’m not sure:

To find out if you qualify, email NIMH or call 1-301-435-8970 (1-888-674-6464)

1 Like

Glad to see its still available :smile:
I highly recommend volunteering for it

1 Like

I am thinking that since I’ve been to Bethesda and had 3mri, a magnetencephalography and been examined by the top researchers for 2 days, including neurology, radiologists, everyone, that the forum could be managed a bit more 'high end" than what iris now, I’m not criticizing what you’re able to do for $1200, I’m critical that your only given $1200, that’s good information for us, the $1200 budget per forum.

Hm, I wouldn’t taper off my meds if God came down and told me to. Be careful folks!

Nimh isnt the be all end all. What did they ever do for sz. Its in the hands of private institutions where our fate rests. I live by maryland and they hung up on me once, insensitive big headed doofuses.

For me it was the docs at the NIMH who actually cared. They were so nice so concerned. I hate my local community hospital, full of uneducated behavior health techs with flashlights, clip boards and minimum wage jobs, they’re low paid idiots in there like @Wave described

1 Like

Yes, psych hospitals suck

I stayed in this lodge on campus it’s like a fancy hotel

http://clinicalcenter.nih.gov/familylodge/index.shtml

There I went ahead and sent them an email. I don’t want to drive or fly out to DC again but I would like to participate in a study.

The first study listed is a 6 month inpatient evaluation study that requires you be willing to live at the Clinical Center on the NIH campus for six months.

Yikes! That’s a long time. :hushed: