Overthinking

I know many people with as struggle with this, it’s been an old friend of mine since day one of a psychological malpractice committed on the behalf of the system, of which I was under the illusion of having sz for too long. Anyways I wanted to pose this question: When you think of another person whoever it may be without the illness, do you usually jump to the alienated feeling? Also, do you ever feel whole? In the moment? Heard? Yourself?

These are all issues I’m dealing with trying to get out from under the mess of buying into the bogus dx I was given.

All answers are priceless and greatly appreciated.
:slight_smile:

I don’t really know how to answer that question.

If I think of others, do I feel alienated?

No.

Do I ever feel whole or in the moment?

No.

I do feel like myself.

I like myself despite some serious character flaws and my own mental illness.

I wish I felt more like what I imagine a normal person is, but I’m working toward that goal.

I guess with other people that do not have any mental issues, I feel like an outsider, like I don’t really fit in. I do my best to try and be like them, but they always seem to figure out that there is something different about me and don’t want to be friends with me. So, yeah, I feel alienated at times.

Since I got worse a year or so ago, I don’t feel whole anymore. I feel like I’m always fighting this anxiety all the time and have to make plans around it. Things that I used to find enjoyable, like doing an art project with the kids, now I just find to be very anxiety provoking. So, I don’t enjoy it anymore. These kinds of differences make me feel broken.

I’m sorry to hear that you had a bogus diagnosis. Usually, doctors are very cautious to hand out a sz diagnosis and don’t do so without a lot of evidence and experience with the patient.

1 Like

If your multiepisodic then your sz. Lot’s of others recover and live normal lives…but I don’t know your history other than your pissed about dx.

Overthinking is common amongst schizoprhenics. I was like that prodomal…really was and everyone thought so. I was smart enough but dumb enough in my own ways.

It’s not rocket science and it really is an art. My shrink thinks that so and tells his interns. I’m sorry you experienced what you did…but if it turns around and bites you again then I’d jump onboard the med train!

1 Like