Only an antidepressant?

I’m on mirtazapine, but yesterday it hit me that ‘wow, my thoughts aren’t revolving around people reading my mind, or being scared of the stars watching me’ and that was kind of weird. it’s like I almost forgot about them until i remembered them. I feel really empty and emotionless though. my thinking process is way more slowed down than it ever has been. I thought it was bad before. but now I barely think anything

If you felt empty before going on this med, chances are the med isn’t responsible for the feeling.

Same, kinda. I don’t choose to think anything, it’s like my mind is overactive but I’m not choosing any of the thoughts… they don’t have a quality of self to them, they seem alien to me.

it’s a different feeling of emptiness… before I would have random spurts of feeling empty, but it wasn’t a 24/7 thing. now it is. I’ve always been a huge crier, but when I would feel empty I couldn’t cry even if I wanted to.
I haven’t cried since starting this med once

Try exercising maybe it has sometime to do with energy. Try journaling too.

I journal, exercise is a no go for me lol

For me antidepressants sort of make it harder to feel a wide range of positive emotions. They just give u a constant high that u have to accept as happiness. Maybe thats why u cant cry.

Do you have sexual side effects. I wanted to try this med because it is supposed to have a lower incidence of sexual dysfunction. Can u still get horny turned on and have a satisfying orgasm? Sorry if its a bit of an awkward question.

definitely not. before this med I was very hypersexual but now I am the complete opposite