Only Abilify 15 mg how do you feel?

How do you feel on abilify 15 mg?what side effects?How’s with your intellect?

I take 15 mg abilify every evening. My intellect is OK. No akathisia, no movement disorders, no blurry vision etc (I used to have those with my previous AP). However my negative symptoms are still strong.

do you feel any side effects?

I have the following side effects on 10mg:

• Anxiety
  • Restlessness

I take l-theanine to combat those

• High blood sugar

My doctor put me on metformin to combat that

High blood sugar is a high risk with abilify, so get regular blood tests.

• Increased appetite

I take a bcomplex with 100% rda of b vitamins to combat that

1 Like

is 10 mg of abilify an effective dose against schizophrenia as monotherapy?

Definitely, 10mg is the minimum therapeutic dose for schizophrenia. But everybody’s different, so abilify may not even work at all for others. It works for me.

1 Like

how long it took until you are on only 10 mg?

I was put on 20mg while I was in hospital, when I got out I stupidly cut it down to 10 myself. So it took about 6 months. Luckily it worked. I just got lucky despite my bad decision to go against medical advice.

2 Likes

Positive symptoms are reduced greatly. It’s been great for the religious delusions, and it’s cured my nightmares. Still some mild significance and meanings to certain things, distorted sounds, etc. As regards to intellect, I suspect it’s been reduced slightly. I’m still very anxious, having anxiety dreams and peculiar sleep patterns.

I’m on 15 mg with no side effects yet, albeit I just started. When I was on Risperidone, it took about two to three weeks for the side effects to be felt. Ultimately, I’m not happy with Abilify. I feel the same fears as before I started taking it. Perhaps it just needs time.

My doctor said that it is less likely than most APs to cause weight gain, so there’s something.

1 Like

I[quote=“everhopeful, post:8, topic:48056”]
down to 10 myself.
[/quote]

I was stable for years on 400 mg seroquel.

Then I started thinking I’m OK so I’ve experimented with less. Well I’ve experimented enough to know perfectly how much I need. Think MORE not less I tell ME.

My son reminds me. Why torture yourself?

1 Like

I had all of the above on 15 mg. Funny how it differs.

I get psychotic on 15 mg. I’m on 25 mg today. No side effects. i still hear voices.

1 Like

What can you say about 150 mg of seroquel xr?How’s with memory/concentration/motivation?Is it like placebo for intellect?Is an intellect better than before disease?

I have 300 mg seroquel in the evening. Can’t sleep without it. No sleep will give you cognitive difficulties.