On this board vs real life?

I’d say I’m very different in real. It takes fine for me to open up and I am not this open.

What about yourself?

2 Likes

i dont know can you see it because of language barrier but online im very chatty funny
and i can connect with people

in rl i suffer from what must be some sort of alogia
im disconnected foolish wooden thud from time to time even paranoid

3 Likes

Way more formal here, especially since the mod gig. I’m a pretty silly individual in person.

5 Likes

I act different based on which website I’m on. In real life it depends on who is there because people are more interchangeable.

2 Likes

I rarely talk in real life… just really shy and antisocial…

4 Likes

i talk very rarely in real too. here i can relate to topics and posts mostly and get ample time to respond. but in real its choking and awful by the time i think and respond. i feel more like home here but in real feel like homeless though i have it.

5 Likes

I am almost the same. Much more private about my life but still I talk too much, sometimes I am loud, inappropriate and also 'fun to be around :unamused:

3 Likes

I am fairly open and am able to talk when I’m asked things about myself and stuff generally. But I am not someone who talks all the time for any reason simply to fill silences. I am mellow and quiet.

1 Like

I’m somewhat more animated online and even on the written page, but offline I don’t normally start conversations in the physical company of others.

2 Likes

I don’t mix with strangers much in real life except at AA meetings. If I’m not getting paid to interact with people, I generally don’t. I don’t go to concerts, plays, or other places with crowds

3 Likes

That’s interesting. So you’re not scary and haunting my dreams in real life??? Just kidding. That was somebody else.

Me?

I am similar but I can be more passive aggressive in real life at times. I’ll play dumb a lot in real life pretending I don’t know the answer if it helps me get the upper hand somehow. Life is like a game of chess. And I am the bishop.

This I’m a little more responsive. I mean there’s no body language and not as much tone of voice and silence doesn’t go as far on a message board so i am more descriptive and playful here.

2 Likes

I’m really shy irl. Dunno how it will turn out here.

5 Likes

Why so formal? Let your freak flag fly!

1 Like

Welcome !!! :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks!!! :smile:

2 Likes

Probably more open on the forum, but pretty much the same person no matter where I am

4 Likes

I’d say I’m very different in real life. On here I’m always writing long posts/replies, whereas irl I don’t typically talk much. People sometimes feel the need to point out how extremely quiet I am, which annoys the crap out of me. Also, on here I am very open about my illness. With people irl I usually keep that stuff to myself. About the only people I discuss that stuff with would be my sister and my best bud, but even with them I give only limited information.

5 Likes

God I hated that. I used to be quiet cuz my mind was blank and I was sz and delusional. But smart enough to know not to spew out crazy rants. But I haven’t got that “insult”. Yes I consider it an insult, in years. Last time I heard that I was 24. I was quiet, but u didn’t help by pointing it out to me ladie!!!

5 Likes

Well obviously I share stuff here that I wouldn’t irl . I’m not %100 sure how I seem here. For the the most part I’m kind of laid back in real life. I talk to people I know, and every so often say something funny but with people I don’t know I mostly speak if spoken to. I probably don’t project confidence, which maybe I should work on. Or maybe that’s just a human thing.

I have a somewhat soft, nerdy sounding voice.

2 Likes

Lol. I had that the other day. He tried to say “so… what’s the matter ? You don’t speak ? Why don’t you speak”. So i didn’t speak to him. :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes