omega3+vitamine d

any of you have experience with the use of omega 3 and vitamin D? it is effective in treating schizophrenia and symptoms?

It’ll help. Add some vitamin B to the mix as well.

The main problem with Omega-3 though. Is it’s processed and the body has problems absorbing it. So your better off with a diet high in natural Omega-3. I still take the sup though and try to eat more foods with higher Omega-3. As usual it’s all about balance. .

Vitamin D. Well you can just get out in the sun in the morning more to get that. The reasoning on the mornings is the UV rays are at the lowest so less chance of skin cancer.

1 Like

The sun - I guess because of vitamin D - is not good for psychosis. We must not stay for more than 10 minutes, that’s what a doctor has said to me. It only helps with depression, though, I think very much, but if I stay under the sun for too long I get delusional.

I was taking “vegepa” (very high epa content) fishoil for 6 months, then came off meds for 6 weeks, I really can’t say that I found my time off meds any easier as a result of taking fishoil(omega 3), and I went back on meds. I’m still taking vegepa fishoil though partly because I’m a moron and partly because ‘you never know’

I do as well ‘you never know’, I think when they understand the mechanisms that all of these things help with treatment options will improve.