Omega 3 benefits

Has anyone here tried omega 3 to enhance their cognition or memory. I heard it had many several benefits. Does anybody agree.

I take Lovaza - prescription strength Omega 3 fish oil - it is supposed to be good for depressive symptoms - heart health etc… I guess it is benefiting me cognitively, but because I take other meds, its difficult to tell the difference

They recommend Omega3 and I have it every morning, I do not know if it has helped or not, but I suppose it is helpful and good for heart and so on.

Yes, it helps a lot. Lower anxiety, higher tolerance, memory improvment… brain food.

I noticed a lot of benefit when I was eating fish regularly but I don’t think the pills contain enough omega 3 to be majorly beneficial.

I have heard that Linseed also known as flaxseed contains good amounts of omega 3. Have you heard about it?

I took Omega 3 for a long time, but was also taking niacin and other things. I did get an improvement in cognition for sure. My memory problems seem to correlate to instability, my memory is pretty good while stable compared to previous years. I stopped taking Omega 3, I did happen to have some cognitive problems after one month, but I’m not sure of the cause exactly. I take Omega 3-6-9 instead now, which contains DHA, which is supposed to be good for the brain.

I take a laundry list of supplements, and overall I’ve experienced a drastic improvement in cognition and memory compared to 2 years ago. I generally no longer have the cognitive deficit that I had in previous years, and I’m so glad of it. I do run into glitches here and there.

I’ve been on Omega - 3 As well as few other things for about 4-5 years since I found it helps with depression etc. Seems to help give a clear mind but I also take genko which helps with it also. The main problem is the processed omega-3 can’t get absorbed by the body that well and why I think many go to flaxseed. Around 2000mg is also good for sz and will help reduce symptoms.

When I have unexplained agitation, I take a softgel and instantly the feeling is gone.

There are way better natural nootropics than omega 3.

I used omega 3 lot of times, never noticed any difference

1 Like

I’ve taken Lovaza for quite a while, for my heart. I can’t tell if it has helped my mind.

2 Likes

I was taking these Omega 3 supplement from Vision Group Corp ever since my husband and I started our routine work out but we are taking it really for overall hearth health. So far we are satisfied with the result it is either my husband is being very supportive with my condition or the supplement is also effective in battling out depression.

1 Like

I’ve been taking it for years, I started by taking 4-5 tablets a day (somehow I thought this was a good idea)!

I now just take 1 tablet at night with my other medication!

I’m working on the basis it helps, but I’m not sure when the best time to take it!

Just take it for health benefits.

Interesting fact.
Asian are outperforming all other ethnic minority groups in academia in america at the mo.

Whether fish has anything to do with that i dont know.