Nuplazid - Phase 2 Trials for Schizophrenia

Acadia Pharmaceuticals has become one of the most highly valued biomedical companies in San Diego largely on the promise of an experimental drug for psychosis.

Next year, the 21-year-old company expects to begin delivering on that promise.

Sometime in the first quarter of 2015, Acadia plans to submit a marketing application for its medication Nuplazid. The drug, also known by its generic name of pimavanserin, has successfully completed Phase 3 testing for Parkinson’s disease psychosis. It’s in Phase 2 clinical trials for schizophrenia and Alzheimer’s disease psychosis.

Together, these conditions represent a huge population of patients — and thus a potentially huge pharmaceutical market.

Acadia, with a stock value of more than $3.2 billion, has gained a following among investors and stock analysts who believe Nuplazid will succeed. Shares of Acadia closed Tuesday at $30.17, down 6.4 percent for the day and up 21 percent for the year.

1 Like

Seriously, how many ■■■■■■■ meds and billions do they have to produce till the ■■■■■■■ are satisfied? All this med thing is a ■■■■■■■ jungle of evil and greed. Pisses me off when a new “Wonderdrug!” is being ■■■■ out on the market every ■■■■■■■ day.

This is hopeful!!
Hope the side effect is a lot lesser and more importantly its effective

1 Like

Relax - the more schizophrenia/bipolar drugs they produce - the better.
I’m assuming you are not on meds - or are you?

Why? Yes Im on meds.

When a med for schizophrenia goes through and is approved, it is then usually approved for bipolar.
There are differences, but many similarities - these 2 illnesses/disorders are not as different as once thought

I just don’t get why this ■■■■ is being advertised on this forum all day every day?

and almost every topic on this disease that doesnt look at it from a medicical pov gets shut down immediately. i thought it was a forum for sz’s and not the “concerning public” who are clueless

Im answering the post you chose to delete -

i get that :slight_smile: 15

Good news however i wish there was some more novel approach’s coming up.