Not feeling well -want to take day off

Want to tAke day off tomorrow just feel like I’m coming down with something :frowning:

3 Likes

Well Ish, when it comes to missing work because you feel ill, most people take the attitude that they will still be a trouper and tough it out and go in anyway. They think this is the best thing to do and that it will look good to the boss and this is what the boss wants. But in reality I’ve heard it said that this is not the best thing to do. If you go into work sick you are likely to be less productive and even worse, you might spread whatever illness you have to other co-workers which will effect their productivity too.

2 Likes

Well I woke up didn’t want to go plus there is hardly any work I like to keep busy but mum encouraged me to go so here I am on the train.

3 Likes

Good for you, ish. Your mom was right. Life is a fight and keep finghting the fight.

1 Like

One time I had a fairly bad cold and I didn’t feel like staying in and nursing it. There was an “apple festival” that our group was going to. When I was at the festival I heard someone say in a Red Cross commercial on the radio, “Stay away from people who are sick. If you’re sick stay home.” I felt bad after that and tried not to breath on anyone.

i take off even when im well :slight_smile:

about work issues I told my family to keep OFF about 2 years back and they knew I meant it…thankfully they are off.

Condolences. We have strep throat going thru our home. I am also taking a day so I won’t infect co-workers. Don’t need to make everyone ill, like @77nick77 said. Also, Netflix, hot tea, and Dr. Who. It ain’t all bad. :wink:

Pixel.

speaking of taking off ------ there is an as$ooo in my office whose got viral and coughs the whole day like crazy and does not even cover his mouth doing so. talk of courtesy (or no)?

That is very discourteous. You have my sympathy. :frowning:

You are sounding much better lately, very glad to hear that!

Pixel.

Im worse off Pixel actually. I think people who interact with me tell me that I sound different from my original self(more assoo type :frowning: ) i dont know if I was medicated while I had food.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.