Nightmares, lots of nightmares

I am having an episode, containing it with extra meds, and I keep having vivid, lucid nightmares. Like being on an operated on and being given anesthesia but still being awake, being told that I have aspergers or autism as well as schizophrenia, ect.

I find nightmares and psychosis are positively correlated.

2 Likes

Yes, I too had dreams like this. These freaks of people probably try to control what we do subconsciously all day and night. I’m sorry you have to suffer at the expensive pleasure of cowards.

Keep fighting the good fight! That is, I found when psychotic, anxiety makes it worse.

Jayster

2 Likes

i have nightmares too, a snake bit me in one last night

1 Like

what was it’s color? I was once kissed by a green snake?

a red snake, it bit me on the hand, i googled it to see

huh wow that’s totally different than a green snake kissing you in a old dream huh? I hardly remember my dreams which makes me angry not to know what’s happening in my own subconscious.

i read when you dream of the coast of the sea that is the subconscious and conscious mind meeting

1 Like

That’s a beautiful concept, I heard stairways going up mean a building on the inside…

I had the surgery hallucination. It came with the tactiles. When I was about your age I started having nightmares and I’d stay away until 6am most nights. I was in school and seeing a therapist, f all it did for me. It might just be a season for all of this. As far as I know you’re kind of in that transition point of getting into 3000 and 4000 classes. Once you get used to them, it will probably subside or turn into something else. After the nightmares I had increased paranoia. It turned from work to my relationship.

I hope you can steer through this. I know this is probably a solution more for women, but maybe take a Yoga class. Some are offered through martial arts studios, so you’re not the only guy in a sea of women. For you that might not be a bad thing though.

1 Like

Hang tough…hope this all subsides soon.

2 Likes

sorry you are having the nightmares.
hope you are better today.
take care

1 Like

Sometimes new drugs/increased doses can change your dreams.

You live a very stressful lifestyle, right? At least it would be stressful to me. Maybe it’s catching up to you. Maybe take some steps with the help of your psychiatrist to alleviate some of that stress. According to books on schizophrenia I’ve read, catching a relapse early is critical in getting through it. Yeah, I’ve been through spells of nightmares. I still get them occasionally even though I’m not in any crisis. Chronic nightmares can be both scary and depressing. I actually had one today where I came fairly close to being attacked by a lion. I don’t know if this will help but I actually get suicidal and depressed when I get TOO MUCH sleep. I don’t know if that’s true for anyone else. But I wish you good luck.

1 Like

Strange. I tried to look for a connection between my dreams and when I was in psychotic episodes, to see if I had more nightmares during them, but my episodes seemed to have little to no effect on them. Maybe your meds are causing it?

However I think my delusions do tend to leak over into my dreams, so it would make sense if your delusions are really scary that your dreams would be scary as well. I’ve had some pretty disturbing delusion-related nightmares…

Then again vivid dreams are pretty much a regular thing for me, so. I have noticed that my lucidity rate skyrockets if I embrace my spiritual side and speak with my positive voices and get more involved with them. I haven’t run any tests on that yet though.

I want to go into sleep science when I’m older, it fascinates me. What kind of nightmares do you have?

I have dreams where God and the devil are battling for my soul. The devil tries me to get me to pray to him.

I don’t even believe in God.

Too many horror movies. Shakes me up pretty bad when it happens.

hang in there mouse, you’ll get through it. it’s probably the additional meds making your dreams more vivid is all, plus your state of ,mind at the moment. your a smart kid. just hang in there and this time will pass, i promise you. x

1 Like

LOL thanks. I am stabilized again, the zyprexa in addition to geodon is working. I have like a dozen 3000 level courses done already, it’s just this damn statistics and research methods class that is driving me mad, that and the other courses are pretty crap too. This semester is all prerequisites that I had been putting off forever, hence how I have my major almost done but am only in my fifth semester.

2 Likes

Mostly grotesque violent ones or sexual ones, sex in public or being tortured in some manner.

Oh man I feel you on the sex ones. I get horrible rape nightmares all the time. I’ve had them since I was like 10…

Who knows what causes them. I hope yours get better.