New medication, yay

i tried going on ability about 12 years ago as an adjunct to my Clozerile (both are anti-psychotics) ( i am also on an entire cocktail of other meds). i had the worst side effects. i stayed on it for a month or two to see if the side effects went away, but they just got worse. i got totally manic, couldn’t eat, couldn’t sleep, and lost about 10 pounds which i didn’t need to lose. ( i barely weigh 100 pounds as is)

sorry to bum anyone out. it just goes to show you how we sz react to different meds, even when they are supposed to do the same thing.

1 Like

I get a shot for my schizophrenia. it works great no side effects, and it stays in my system for a month. so the shots are once a month. It is great. I use to be on abilify. but I like the shot now. and plus you don’t have to remember to take your meds at night. the shot is called Invega.

What have I just read.

@odysseus1 needs medical attention…

wht kind of distorted you mean?how is it like? :confused:

lol nothing, well carry on! Bye! Good luck with the Anti-psychotics. You know I can’t in good conscience recommend abilify though or any anti-psychotics to anyone that’s actually not psychotic. Because of dependency issues. You don’t get addicted to anti-psychotics but they do cause a severe dependency issue.

You don’t have to go!
My thread is friendly as I am. Mostly, well.:blush:
Thanks for advice. I’m already abilified.

1 Like

I don’t hallucinate or hear voices either…

It’s just that every few years I hitchhike expecting to be picked up and driven to the United Nations by Muhammad Ali.

2 Likes

Doctors will prescribe APs for this, but it’s more like a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Your emotions will heal by themselves- but once you’re on APs you can’t get off of them… I hate it when doctors prescribe such heavy medications for simple problems like emotions. =(

Well good luck!

I’m not crazy, I’m just afraid to stay alone in house.
And I occasionally bite.

Well…since it lasts for more than four years…and drowns me in very bad depression…and puts me to dangerous life situations…it is not that simple.

But sure, I’m not happy for AP, no way.

Dude that sucks…

1 Like

Nothing that can be compared to sz though…

You had a bad depression episode, right? How is that now?

1 Like

There are worse situations/afflictions than Sz…

I believe you are more troubled than I am at and this juncture in time and I’m glad you are seeing a doctor about it.

Yeah, it’s not like it is a competition :smile:
I used to think that somehow everyone gets what he/she is able to take; I think I could not handle the voices…maybe someone couldn’t handle my borderline …
All I know is that I’m not feeling good. At all.

1 Like

You’re doing the right things…taking control. Good on ya! And best of luck! :slight_smile:

1 Like

…And I should probably go to bed now.

O.K. Cya!

15 char

Sweet dreams!!..

2 Likes

Good night! :crescent_moon:
Come by for a chat whenever!
It is easier when we rant to eachother :))

(Lol good night @Patrick the Charming )