Neurocognitive deficits in schizophrenia. Are we making mountains out of molehills?

Sup sir…what are u upto…my man…!!!

1 Like

The criteria you state would not be used for any standard definition of severe cognitive impairment.
That you may be cognitively under performing as a result of your illness is quite possible, but that is far removed from you being defined, by standard means, as severely cognitively impaired.

2 Likes

I was a high achiever in my youth. I have lost a lot of that but since I started off high I haven’t ended up really low.

@firenonkey you said I was a rediculous I read it up above

Check the home page of http://www.schizophrenia.com - we have that already (but we need to update it more).

3 Likes

Realistically, I’ve probably lost 10 IQ points. But ya, I can still do stuff so maybe I’m complaining too much and making mountains out of molehills. My biggest deficit is memory loss.

I need medication that will increase motivation, focus, and intelligence. Hopefully, they’ll develop it before I die.

2 Likes

How old are u inside mind…

1 Like

Late 20’s.

15charharhar

2 Likes

I had terrible cognitive deficits before which I came out of with medication changes. Sometimes they come back .

Cognitive impairment in sz is real and can be extreme.

1 Like

I feel that my Sz was only the seed in my lack of motivation. Then as I isolated myself, my cognition grew less, and less effective to deal with any bits of the outside world when it did happen to find me,
I really must have looked weirder than I actually was.

Man, my math skills suck now. I’m struggling with basic set theory. Stuff I used to know pretty well. Doc said I can lower cogentin (I’m taking 4mg). That’s all I can do.

1 Like