Need advice on Clozapine

any side effects? weight gain? whats your dosage?

side effects? whats your dosage? positive benefits/negative effects

how long have you been taking it? side effects? positive benefits/negative effects? dosage.

thank you very much to everyone who has responded.

Over the last few years on meds Iā€™ve gained only like 10lbs at most, so I donā€™t think the clozapine is making me gain more weight.

I drool a ton every night , thatā€™s really my only side effect. Iā€™m at 300 mg for now

475mg, positive benefits, sleep better

Iā€™m on 350mg of Clozapine. I also drool like crazy while sleeping but atrovent spray kinda helps control that. I was on 450mg and then 475mg but I got a bad case of clozapine induced colitis and they bumped me back to 350mg. But I have a history of problems there so it might not affect you that way.

If you have ocd tendencies it can bring those out, thats why Iā€™m on an antidepressant too.

I used to take it in the daytime as well but it was too sedating so itā€™s only a night time dose now. I think the voices are quieter than they would be without it but I still hear them. I wish it would totally silence them.

Agree that it makes you sleep better though!

Just my personal experience, hope that helps.

I put alot of weight on clozapineā€¦ i was also on olanzapine as well before i hit 80k then cloz another 10kgā€¦ i have lost 2-3 kgs so farā€¦ from ceebs eating hahaā€¦ faty faty boombaah

thank you. any negative effects?

thanks for you help. have you been on other doses?

whatā€™s colitis? can you take it all at once?

Not really for me just drowsiness.

drowsiness during the day and night?

At night.151515

about 2 - 4 years I think :slight_smile:

Iā€™m sorry I donā€™t understand what you mean

Thatā€™s how long youā€™ve been taking it?

I started Clozaril this past February. It has been a wonder drug for me. Iā€™m up to 500mg and have been on that dose for two months. I was also able to stop the ECT treatments. I wish I found this drug years ago. The sedation and food binging has gotten better. Iā€™m starting to lose weight recently. I highly recommend this drug. :sunny:

4 Likes

I get drowsy at night

yeah :slight_smile: 15151515