Nature Documentary

(Graffic !) ~ Pics in order of how it went down…

Look what I caught!

Hmmm, is it dead?

No it isn’t!

Well, let’s see whats going on over there…other cat BETTER not come steal MY Mouse!

Mmm, smells delicious!

Trying to get away again ?!!

Let me examine this to make sure it’s good for a meal…

I’m still young, I can play with my food if i want!

Ok, time to go sit down and eat…

Now this is Delicious!

Took about 20 minutes to play with it and 3 minutes to eat everything but the head and the gall sack…

2 Likes

My MIA long haired domestic would growl like crazy when he was on hunt. Wondered what the hell was going on the first time he attacked some insect in the house.

Had a Tonkinese once that was attacking the local wildlife which is mostly protected here. So we where constantly putting bells on her collar. She seemed to thrive on the challenge and seem to be training herself more and more as we where constantly putting bells on.

Cats gotto love them.

Mine growl after they catch something and usually only when another cat approaches to try and steal it.
I don’t like when they catch birds or frogs… I like having the birds around…but they don’t catch a whole lot of them. Frogs eat insects so i want them around, but they don’t get a lot of those either.
The mice I want them to catch, otherwise they will find a way in the house. I haven’t seen or heard a mouse inside in many months now.
they can catch all the moles they want too…they had one yesterday.

What was she killing?

Birds mostly…We also lived next to a large river. So no telling what she was getting into.

Endangered birds?

Mine have killed cardinals, titmice and Blue jays, all of which are not endangered…

Frogs, snakes, salamanders…they will take all of that, even some will try for small fish near the shore. problem there with some rivers depending where you are would be the Fishers or other things of the weasel family that can kill a cat.
I had one cat that took out a copperhead snake after it bit her kitten. Kitten lived, but Momma cat tore up the snake… saved their trophy…she ate half of it. It was over 2 feet long

This is almost better than a nature documentary… Gotta love cats.

1 Like

if I could have made a video it would have shown more…and I know, sometimes people will say ‘poor mouse’ and I don’t like seeing it suffer either but it’s the cats natural thing to do… there were a couple times I tired of watching the cat play with its prey and dispatched the mouse myself, only to watch the cat walk away from it… I suppose that’s the same as me trapping one though…it’s the poison that really makes them die slowly and unfortunately I’ve had to use that before but mice in the house chewing up important papers, clothing, insulation, and photos is unacceptable!

I used to buy my cats feeder mice when I’d get bored… Probably wouldn’t do it again(I don’t have a cat anymore anyways). It was the ultimate cat treat.

I have plenty of mice and moles in the woods around here with the occasional vole and woodrat (not to be confused with the huge city rats ~ these are just a big mouse basically)…
What happens when a feeder mouse escapes in the house and runs behind something? Ah ha! Ever have that happen? I know in the past I’ve had cats bring mice in and let them go… :frowning: bad kitty! I also had them bring one to me in bed and drop it on my chest a few times.
Ok, I feed you but you do NOT have to pay for it!

I kept a close eye on the whole show. The mice were tiny and pretty slow. My cats would sit there for hours if they had to to eventually catch them. Had 2 cats and they got one mouse each. Typically the male cat would skip playing and kill/eat it his as soon as possible to get a chance at the second one. It was interesting to do every month or so, just to give the cats the experience that they are built for.

Thats horrible.

Nature is really horrible and ugly.

The mouse gets eaten by the cat, the dog eats the cat, all the way up to us. But we’re not the top of the chain are we. They devour us on a daily basis, just like that mouse.

Screw nature.

Well, not too many people eat dog…I know, some do…

The crazy thing is what ‘eats’ us the most are things way smaller than a mouse = mosquitoes, ticks, gnats, lice…

At least ‘Someone’ thought these creatures a bit too much for us though…

Imagine… that whole crowd there just ■■■■ their pants/dresses.

1 Like

When nature calls.

Pictures of one of my kin being eaten? This is not okay.

those orange cats are great hunters

This is where you transform into the superhero…

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/63935/1685073-mighty_mouse.jpg

Actually in the 90s one of my cats caught a mouse and the mouse stood up to it, even charged it and nipped it because the cat had it cornered against some concrete wall… the mouse also played possum and then would get up and run, when cat attacked, mouse spun and nipped cats paws…Mouse even stood on its hind legs and faced cat, staring her in the eyes…finaly after about a half hour struggle the mouse which seemed exhausted and near dead bolted at lightning speed under some wood and escaped…

I was so taken by watching this i said "That mouse DESERVES to be free!’

1 Like