My new blog on being a young adult w/mental illness

youngadultmentalillness.blogspot.com

I would like to stay as anonymous as possible, so please don’t comment on any post saying my real-life name or anything.

It would mean a great deal to me if you checked this out!

(Disclaimer: occasionally, including today, i will be posting about my religious/spiritual beliefs and sometimes ill write how they relate to my mental illness. just a heads up for people who aren’t into that type of stuff).

But for the most part its just reflections on my life / things I want to share.

Thanks…

Nomad

4 Likes

Very nice @nomad :slight_smile:

Hope you continue to post. There’s no reason to take it down. Esp since you’re anonymous. Could be a good outlet/help for other people who can relate.

I’ve tried blogging before but I get too fickle about it and stop posting. There must be 5 sports blogs out there started by me with Only one or two posts.

1 Like

I liked it! I’ve been feeling kind of mucky lately and that lifted me a bit.

1 Like

I will check this out when I get home…stick with it…it sounds like your enjoying this outlet…

youngadultmentalillness.blogspot.com

^made it a link (good read)

1 Like

thanks everyone (@Azley thank you for the comment on the blog- it won’t let me reply though)

no worries mate! I bookmarked it and will try to check in.

You’re a very good writer man! That post was read flawlessly to me. :v:

1 Like

I looked at the depersonalisation video but found it hard to identify with it. Maybe because what I’ve experienced under stress is best called derealisation. For me it’s a spaced out ,in a living dream feeling where things seem distant. Or at another time a familiar room, or other surroundings, can feel unfamiliar.

I need to use VPN to read your blog. But I will.

I have used various types of meditation for many years, and since I was a child I have dissociated a lot. I studied spiritual texts for more than two decades and was an ordained minister, but only for six months because I discovered corruption in the church that had trained and ordained me. I still consider myself a minister without any affiliation with organized religion. I liked your blog and I know that religion is a big concern for many with mental illnesses. I do have a concern about the empty chair fantasy exercise. I would caution anyone that imagined words from any deity in a meditation must pass certain tests before they ought to be considered valid. Otherwise our own skewed thinking can lead us into dangerous territory because of human tendencies beyond our individual power to control. But, of course, be persuaded to believe as you choose.

do you ask it for its social security number or something? :smiley:

thanks for the concern but im not at risk for hallucinating, if that’s what you mean, also i’ve been through the whole religious delusions thing and i came out on the other side having learned some valuable lessons. Zero risk here.

Okay. I only mean that you play every part in your dreams. There’s no one else in there with you. And even when you pretend that someone’s with you, you are playing both you, and pretending there’s someone else there. But there isn’t. You know that this is true, that it isn’t Jesus sitting there talking to you, and whatever you imagine “him” saying is actually you saying it. The moment you forget this is the moment you begin to engage in a delusion. That is the truth.

I would love to discuss this, but not here, my friend.

1 Like

I mean no harm and only want good things for you. I hope you aren’t offended.

I’m not offended, don’t worry. You’re good.

Cool, thanks…

1 Like