My mom is in the hospital

She thought she was having a heart attack, but she wasn’t. They are suddenly keeping her overnight to do a stress test in the morning. I am feeling worried even after my brother told me he feels better after speaking with the doctors.

I am home alone.

1 Like

I hope everything is OK with her and that it was just a temporary scare.

1 Like

Don’t worry metime…Everything would be al right…Keep us updated…

1 Like

I hope your mom is okay. It is standard to keep people 24 hours just to be on the safe side. It may have just been gas, stress build up or anything. It’s a good that she went in to have it checked out, heart heath is nothing to ignore.

I’m sure you would be notified if something happens, so just try and relax and know that your mom’s in good hands. She’s where she should be if she has and further problems.

1 Like

Thank you @77nick77.

They suggested that she stay over night. She doesn’t have insurance. Her friend wouldn’t let me talk to her. I’ve taken my medicine for the night, but I’m thinking of going back there. We live a half hour out of town. My meds make me sleepy.

A lot of the time when people go in for heart attacks but find out having nothing wrong it’s because of a panic attack, I’ve had it happen to me myself. Sucks majorly, hope she gets better!

2 Likes

Thank you all for your responses.

I hope all goes well for your Mom and for you. It’s hard not to worry. At least now your Mom can get some answers and get back on the road to health.

good luck to your entire family.

I’m rooting for you

1 Like

I was also going to say maybe it was a panic attack. I’ve had a couple too. It feels like you’re having a heart attack. I hope she gets well soon and comes home from hospital.

1 Like

I am sorry to hear you and your family are going through this now metime. wishing her a speedy recovery.

judy

1 Like

Don’t worry too much, metime. Hope your mom recover from this glitch soon.

1 Like

Hope everything is okay with your mom, and I hope you will be okay being alone until she gets back home.
It’s the waiting that’s the hardest part. I find time seems to stand still when I’m waiting to hear some news.

1 Like

My thoughts are with you both. Hopefully it is nothing too serous and just a routine check up just to be safe. She is in good hands atm.

1 Like

I hope all is well with her and you @metime - I am sure she will be fine though.
Try to relax somehow by distraction, take it easy

1 Like

@metime I hope everything works out. shame on your mom’s friend.

1 Like

A coincidence that I had some chest pains last night that just turned out to be gas. I was quite sure that was what it was so didn’t call for help. Society teases us so about farts and it really gets costly.

2 Likes

I get left arm pain once in a while, it freaks me out! I am always wondering if its my heart - I also get chest pains here and there - but I am pretty sure its anxiety

1 Like

I hope she feels better soon. My dad went into the hospital this morning too for chest pains, they think its related to a brain aneurism he had years ago.

1 Like

I hope everything turns out well for your dad @Skims

1 Like

it is normal to keep people overnight…she will be fine .
take care :alien:

1 Like