My Introduction. Hello

I’ve been browsing this forum for a few months, and decided to join today. I’m not quite sure what to say in an introduction, but I’ll try…

I’m a 34-year-old male from the United States. I’ve been diagnosed (for years) with Schizoaffective disorder - depressed type, PTSD from military combat, and major depressive disorder. I take 1mg of Risperdal twice a day, 150mg of Welbutrin once a day, and am on meds for asthma. I’m married and have a teenage daughter. I have delusions once in a while; different ones. I’ve never tried to kill myself, I don’t drink, smoke, or do drugs, and I have a small circle of friends. My immediate family know what mental problems I have, but not extended family or friends.

I don’t know what else goes in a good introduction, but maybe this has given you an idea of who I am at least.

7 Likes

Welcome! I’ve just come back to the site myself.

Welcome and I’m glad you decided to join.

I hope you find some ideas. This site sure does help me.

1 Like

Seems like you’re doing pretty well
welcome !
:ok_hand: :relieved:

2 Likes

Welcome! This is a great site!

Nah, not really. The anti-psychotic isn’t working as well as it should be, and I don’t have another appointment until the end of June. I keep going back-and-forth between somewhat normal and “spacing out” due to delusions.

I take wellbutrin as well. The only meds ever worked for me.
Im sure you will find a helpful informations and support here

Great to meet you. Thanks for joining in and posting a message of introduction. I think you’ll find we’re a friendly group here that supports each other and tries to help each other on the road to recovery.

I look forward to your posts.

2 Likes

I have a certain respect for veterans. Welcome and avoid the trolls.

Welcome and I hope you can get an earlier appointment. This site has truly helped me, I hope it does the same for you.

Welcome to the forum. I believe you’ll find it very useful. :smile:

Welcome! You can get a lot of support here. We’re glad to have you.

1 Like

And… they won’t tell you
but there is a whole bunch of emoticons hidden behind the letters
:secret:

1 Like

Welcome. Hope you find this forum useful

Hello, wow, I’m really impressed, you created your own topic, it took me awhile. Please create more. I think your introduction is great. I hope to see you on other topics here. My dad was a veteran. I was an intern for the army Corp in Los Angeles when I was a young girl out of high school.

1 Like

thought i would say hi.
take care :deciduous_tree: