My first 40 hour work week and i was only late once

I feel really bad but i woke up late today and wound up getting there 20 minutes late on the 5th day on the job!
On the bright side, the boss was out and the reception said it was fine when i called in before the start of the work day to report myself as tardy.

Other than that, it’s been rocky. I feel underqualified. I don’t want to say the extent of my role, as I am paranoid, but part of it is to work that requires full attention and critical thinking skills, and i get puttered out after about one hour of that lol. I’m used to smoking cannabis all day long. Without the cannabis, I have only coffee and the more coffee i drink the shinier and crazier my eyes get, but the only way i can get rid of that restless anxiety is to get up…so i’m constantly getting up for coffee and copies. :confused:

Oh well, gotta keep my mind on payday.PAYDAY
you’re only 1 week away.
PAYDAY
I want to run away
with you to LA
PAYDAY!

MEMES!

11 Likes

How much u earn per hour…

1 Like

14 per hour lol, but there’s a promise of a raise if I stay along past the probation period…plus benefits, plus bonuses. So I’m happy!!!

3 Likes

That’s awesome! I don’t make an hourly wage. I also don’t work everyday or for a set amount of hours so I just think its amazing that you worked a full work week. That is a big deal for anyone not just for people with a sz dx.

1 Like

I don’t have control over a lot of stuff in life but being on time to work is under my control. How I dress is also under my control.

3 Likes

@StripedShirtBoy : Thank you so much! I’m still working there and now I have medical, dental, and accident insurance, plus a life insurance plan! It got activated at the end of December, 2017. I’ve been at the same company working full-time every day since October, 2017 and it’s the end of April, 2018 now!

I also didn’t work every day or for more than like 4 hours at any given time for many, many years. The longest I held a job was as a pizza delivery girl where I worked 6 days a week, but only for about, maximum, 4-5 hours a day, for about 3 years of continuous employment. It was more common to work only 3 hours a day, though. That was back from the age of 23 to around 25 or 26 and i became psychotic while employed and was 5150’d while not at work where I spent an unknown length of time in psych wards (I cannot keep track of time and it’s worse in psych wards, though I remember that were at minimum 3 of those 5250 appeals with a guy who decides if you can go after 2 weeks after that pizza job…).
Then there were years of not working. Like almost 5 years went by and I thought I’d never find work. After 5 years I found another part-time gig and after that I’ve had about 1 part-time job a year, which was amazing to me…then I landed this job and it’s like WOOOHOO!

Don’t give up hope for a proper paying and full-time job! It can be done…even if you have a bad attention span or cannot sit still…your body adjusts, as it turns out (at first, the full 8 hours was a shock and I thought I’d relapse from the stress of being in the office all day in front of my computer or talking to clients…eventually my body did not require hourly trips to the bathrooms or half hourly trips to the break room to get more coffee or tea/water and I think my mind can deal with multi-tasking and I can focus on things easier, too).

Good luck with your job!

@77nick77 : Very true! I’ve put a lot of effort and money $$$ into buying professional clothes off amazon like dresses :dress:, nice blouses, and dress pants. However…I actually went through a period of going late to work because I was sleeping through 4 alarms! I got my act together by adding a louder, 5th alarm since mid-December though and rarely come in late…well, today, I woke up late, but that’s the first time in a long time and I texted my boss before 8 am, and he smiled and chatted with me during work, but didn’t scold, me so I think he let that one go… Awesome that you’re habitually punctual to work!!! That’s a wonderful habit to have!

2 Likes

The oldest trick in the book is put your alarm/s across the room so when it goes of in the morning you have to get up out of bed to shut it off. And then you’re up and ready to get ready.

1 Like

Great idea! Will implement multi-room alarm clocks from now on!!!

1 Like

You also can buy extra loud alarm clocks.

1 Like