My experience with pheromones

Hi sz, as an ongoing support to this community and others I will attempt to educate if your willing to listen.

I am a 32 yr sza male. I recently jumped on the band wagon of pheromones. What are they? They are distinct scents that the body gives off. They play a major role in attraction and you may be subconsciously reacting to them without even knowing. Well I can start by saying most of us are aware of the tshirt test? Where a few women were given a few guys sweaty shirts and were told to smell and decide which one smelled the best.

The way pheromones ties into My SZA was a wonderful discovery. You with the power of pheromones and science can attract, induce communication, and particular pheromones also affect the user making yourself more talkative, confident, attractive, all influenced by what you smell.

Some people say they are nose blind, well you ought to try it. They smell great, also come unscented. And yes they can make women with boyfriends look at you. So be careful. There are many to choose. It is unlike cologne, through sweat and perspiration we emit our own unique natural pheromones. Your girlfriend or boyfriend know your smell. Itā€™s like a i.d they remember you by. Looks ainā€™t every thing. And itā€™s been researched itā€™s the guy with the strongest pheromones that attract the ladies. So big and brawn is alright but itā€™s just the power of conscious and unconscious scent of others, flowers, trees that create the world of the sense of smell, communication and attraction.

My personal collection of pheromones you can find them on Amazon. There is a type of pheromone for almost everything. When my mission is to get a response from the opposite sex I just wear Pherx, itā€™ll cost about 30$ but is worth it if their noses pick up on the scent.

I been nose blind for the last 10 years and I noticed increased awareness by simply choosing to investigate through the sense of smell food for thought and good luck.

Szflux

All the stores pump baked cookie smells to entice us to buy more these days. Doesnā€™t seem to work cause the prices are still incredibly unreasonable to meā€¦Itā€™s total hokum!

1 Like

Baked cookies are not quite pheromones you can spray on yourself, you cannot afford a baked cookie?

You guys are calling my post hokum?

It would carry more weight if you linked to peer reviewed research items that support your assertions. Also not sure how this relates to ā€˜recoveryā€™ specifically. Am considering moving to Unusual Beliefs.

Pixel
(Wearing moderator hat)

2 Likes

Oh itā€™s like that huh. Iā€™m being civil and that whole post was from personal experience. If you actually knew about pheromones yo, I feel like Galileo how the people wouldnā€™t believe him albeit he was right Peer review links unnecessary. I am stating fact. Just use google and my ā€˜assertionā€™ will be validated. My gosh I am living in medieval times on this site. Pardon me I know you pixel have some wit. And yet they believe in the bibles assertions without question.

It is totally about recovery if you have half a brain, listen, would you believe me if I told you I do not lie? Probably not. Recovery means to get to a better healed state, and if I can use my nose again to perceive that by all rights that is recovery. I wonā€™t be on this site much longer if you all are going to be this way.

Pheromones do play a subtle role in things but most people donā€™t pay attention to it.

More people focus on appearances/personality.

In the long run though it could be pheromones that seal/break the deal.

If say itā€™s more about gender recognition than grounds for attraction.

People cover their scent anyway. If pheromones were enough then why would people do this?

There is some legitimate science to it, but I think itā€™s role is limited.

1 Like

SOltGoes dogs live by their nose they can smell greater than humans. My interest I was trying to convey and relate to recovery was more like smell a fresh rain, or a waft of scent from a field of flowers for example. Being able to smell and think go with recovery because in my personal opinion, smell activates nerve cells via olfaction. Sending info to the brain by tiny hair receptors. Same with the ear and the cochlea. This is not bro science look it up. The greater your olfactory bulb functions the better you perceive reality. There. That was all I was trying to convey scientifically leaving out the plethora of other functions the nose is for. Hey sOltGoes, thanks for your reply and your intellect. I nod to you. Peace

1 Like

@Schizoflux What part are you missing bro?

Not finding it. Any suggestions for search terms?

If youā€™re talking aromatherapy, yes, there is some (albeit contested) evidence that it is a valuable complementary treatment for depression, mood disorders, etc. I have personally found that comforting smells contribute greatly to my overall mood (e.g. a favourite type of incense or fresh baking). Nothing beats the smell of a freshly brewed cup of Early Grey.

I have several neighbours who are vendors for different types of oils and they regularly pursue me with samples trying to get me to try X oil for X condition. While I am sure their intentions are pure, I doubt sniffing the right scent will reverse the physiological issues with my heart that have been plaguing me this year. Apparently we Szs are not alone in our susceptibility to magical thinking.

Iā€™ll take the pheromone thing seriously when someone drops some good science on me. By that I mean real links to real published research. Until then, sorry, nope. Donā€™t view it as anything more than a complementary treatment for Sz symptoms. However, if this works for you and helps keep you stable, by all means keep doing what youā€™re doing.

10-96

1 Like

Maybe your intelligence hmm that is what google is for, or would you rather consider me the blacksheep merely trying to HELP. Look Iā€™m not a scientist. I believe in science. What words did you search pixel? Your pixel resolution is quite low today you might want to go into control panel and fix that. LOOK I am NOT twisting, or shiesty, itā€™s common to have your guard up when your core belief influenced are being shifted. I understand. Early Grey well nice yes good aroma. Magical thinking I do not partake none. However you moderate lots, of prone szā€™s who are into well magical thinking. You guys still have things to learn. Let me set an an example. a common one. If you have never smoked a joint, how are you in the position to JUDGE marijuana as a reputable source of medicine? Iā€™m not demanding you guys believe me, recovery is a lot of trial and error. I am not a pastor imposing Jesus, or Allah, I am simply a well versed guy whoā€™s BEEN THERE, and posting my own findings from my own perceptions whether you trust me or not I could care less.

Errratica you state a good point (finally). Itā€™s like fake boobs, On the verge of, are those real? Or are they fake you canā€™t tell. Did this bodybuilder use steroids I canā€™t tell if heā€™s natural or not. SEE in your experience with that guys pheromones, he was probably using copulins in a way to attract a mate, Copulins are what fertile women produce during their fertile cycle. And whether you can smell them distinctively or not they will influence you whether you like it or not because the science I, that I researched let me state it like this. Why do you think guys fight over sexy women? My take is because they emit these copulins which get in these brains of these guys and they donā€™t have all self control, they go APE. You see this site needs to be open to science, like open, I can not participate in a forum where the majority is you already get the drift. I wonā€™t be posting no more like this then. Itā€™s true I was talking about amino acids lysine and such before pixel I think was even around or even erratica. What do you want my credentials, my application of trust, do yā€™all think Iā€™m a fraud. Iā€™m just suggesting, and I apologize for posting something that takes some IQ but sincerely whatever I post is one hundred here to help. You know how reliable those studies are? Teach me the appropriate process then. And Iā€™ll give you all the linksā€¦ You have to learn for YOURSELF not no stinking links, your going to put your faith in scientists who arenā€™t even SZ and have no idea what a psychotic episode is, a hallucination, a delusion because they have never experienced that before that is why they are called normiesā€¦

Our pheromones production is low because of SZ naturally. you donā€™t think it s immoral to supplement? We supplement with APā€™s? Why not pheromones too, thereā€™s my point http://www.amazon.com/TRUE-Alpha-Body-Spray-Pheromones/dp/B00IS8PLFA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1427130328&sr=8-2&keywords=true+pheromones

Hereā€™s link itā€™s a good all around alcohol based spray, the oil base lasts longer, but it wakes up my senses anyway

Hi - yes, you are being civil and as long as youā€™re just saying ā€œhey - this is my personal experienceā€ and not saying its fact - then thats fine.

Probably better to not label it as a ā€œLectureā€ then - because to most people that conveys the idea that its based on Fact and that youā€™re some sort of teacher who has done a lot of research and can provide the scientific sources that convinced you that these are the facts about pheromones.

SzAdmin Iā€™m going to take the moral high ground here. You can probably dress in a cops uniform and some folks would think you are law enforcement. But how could I ever pass as a professor online and label my post ā€œlectureā€ and be condemned for that? People should know on their own what to accept as fact and there shouldnā€™t need to be one big sign indicating, hey! hello! Iā€™m not God the Authority what I say is not Fact! You made the guidelines and Iā€™m on your private land so to speak, so good health unto all. The site majority does not believe in evolution and is mostly non scientific so I lack the urge to bring up science least I be scolded by another SZ.com member. So please accept my apologies and everything will return to normal.

Ps itā€™s been 2000 years itā€™s time for a new frame of thought isnā€™t it? haha I just think itā€™s old thatā€™s all.

I disagree on these two points - most people I see here are pretty scientifically oriented - and we are a site that is very much based on the scientific approach to learning.

Anyway - thanks.

I studied this awhile back, itā€™s true. Itā€™s about attracting your mate. People are made for reproducing purposes. A baby can smell his mother from a great distance. Cologne can camouflage ones pheromones. Just look at animals and nature.

2 Likes

I studied the Chemistry of Aromatherapy and essential oils can definitely enhance oneā€™s body scent. Evolution is definitely a big part of pheromones, as we are adapting to our environment. Of course, itā€™s much more defined then that as mentioned in Darwinā€™s theory

1 Like

bhhurl1, Sounds like you have a firm understanding on Chemistry of Aromatherapy. I personally havenā€™t delved in the courses yet, however I learned in an unorthodox way. I apply pheromones when I go out and just observe in a scientific manner, women wonder what they are scenting, they are attracted but donā€™t know why. Science is the answer. I sat down at a bar, and there was this guy in between me and a woman they were at discourse. This guy made testosterone type displays at me, which I laughed off I looked over to the woman it was evident that her attention was on the pheromone scent I had on and the guy in the middle was just plain frustrated. Cologne camouflages ones pheromones yes, as well as deer hunting spray can eliminate or mask your own pheromones when out hunting in the woods. Deers have highly developed noses. As well as feral hogs who can smell you before you can see them. Animals in nature is where I make my observations. But to delve into that is too graphic or embarrassing to describe in a blunt manner on this forum. Thanks for your post bhhurl1, I will look forward to your future posts thanks have a good day.

2 Likes