More anti-depression meds

I just picked up my script for Remeron. This makes it 3 that I’m currently on: Sertraline, Wellbutrin and now Remeron. I’m pretty anxious to be on so many drugs. Does anyone else take Remeron?

Not Remeron but I used to be on Wellbutrin. It helped me a lot together with Epitec to get out of depression.

Skims, I 'm not a doctor, but I think that taking so many medicines to fight depression, perhaps tells you that it is not a clinical situation and it’s coming from your environment, maybe something is torturing you? Else even one medicine can work. Almost all antidepressants I 've taken worked for me, except one.

1 Like

I take Wellbutrin too. I’ve been on it quite a while now. I didn’t think it was doing anything until I missed a few doses. I get pretty down when I don’t have it.

Wellbutrin is a good med. It is just a bit expensive in my country. I use to be on 300mg. I still use the Epitec though.

Keep a close eye on your weight. Remeron is great on depression. Bad thing is constantly sleepy and hungry.

Update: So I took Remeron for a few days and the side effects were potent!!! I was so sleepy! I slept 16+ hours a night and then was so groggy/foggy the next day it was like I was drunk. And my appetite did increase, I couldn’t put sweets in my mouth fast enough. So after 4 days of that I stopped taking it. I seem to be really sensitive to any med that is sedating. I can see Remeron being a really effective anti-depressant if I had kept taking it, I would have been a happy camper so long as I could sleep and eat. But that’s not a life I want to lead. So back to the pdoc I went on Wednesday. We decided to up my dose of Saphris again because that helps me sleep without the groggy effects the next day and is weight neutral. I’m sticking with Zoloft and Wellbutrin for now. Continue to go to yoga, exercise and do things that I used to enjoy. Try to get outside for sunlight now that winter is over and the weather is a smidgeon better.

1 Like